Return of the Rocky Mountaineer!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Spring in Seattle means the return of cruise ships and the Rocky Mountaineer! On a beautiful Saturday, May 20, 2017, the first of several Rocky Mountaineer trains arrives in Seattle.

[video=youtube_share;DpqPgwHmZ0Y]https://youtu.be/DpqPgwHmZ0Y[/video]

Bill Anderson

Was there a problem later that afternoon somewhere between Seattle and Everett? I was at Sunset Ave. shortly after 5:00pm and neither the Chicago bound Empire Builder (Amtrak #8) nor the returning Sounder Special stopped at Edmonds. This usually happens when there is a 48 hour passenger moratorium on the line due to a mudslide, but it was a warm, sunny day.

I have no idea. I had heard on the scanner that there was a tree down near Blue Ridge, but that was in the morning and it was being cleaned up.

TCJim

Handler and Palm Reader
Was there a problem later that afternoon somewhere between Seattle and Everett? I was at Sunset Ave. shortly after 5:00pm and neither the Chicago bound Empire Builder (Amtrak #8) nor the returning Sounder Special stopped at Edmonds.
Both trains stopped.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.