Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Into The Tunnel

Into The Tunnel

I was advised that this picture was deleted due to being..

-Images that were partially uploaded/incomplete
-Broken images
-Extremely poor quality/images (impossible to make out the image
itself)
-Images that did not conform to our published site contribution and
usage guidelines such as offensive images

If any of these are correct, I apologize to all that I have offended with this beat up looking CN GP-40-2(W) heading for Sarnia, from Port Huron.

Dan
Front side view, though a bit back lit

http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/data/562/1055StormsNorthWest.jpg

Dan

R
Me and other local railfans are looking hard for such a GTW loco, since someone spotted it with CN around here, and you just have them rolling by regularly...

Believe it or not it is rare to see GT Blue in the Port Huron area any more. CN has made an issue of everything now is to be "CN" and that the past roads will go by the way side. Usually the yard switcher, train # 505, is a GT GP 9r and in GT colors. Seeing a GTW 3 axle unit in consist around here is a treat, and that does not happen enough. CN has kept most of the GT colors on the Holly Sub and Flatrock south. There is some GTW power in Flint, though most of it is GP-9rs or 38-2 uses in the yards. I try to take picks of GTW units as much as I can, when I can. Too bas as a teenager living by the Romeo Sub (2 miles away) that I did not take pictures as aften as I wish I had now.

Dan

Media information

Category
Central and Midwestern United States
Added by
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back