Forum Glitches.

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

bnsf971

Roadmaster
If you try logging in to the forum, and either the forum is glacially slow, errors out, or you get an "account suspended" message, it's not anything you've done.

We're experiencing some technical difficulties, and hope to have things back to normal (well, normal for us here, anyway) in a couple of days.
Thank you for your patience while we try to wrestle things back into submission.

Working on the (hopefully) last steps right now. So far things are moving quite nicely. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

1711664357850.png

OK, that's a wrap. During the last week, I've made a bunch of changes, including modifying the SQL and moving to a new DNS server. The combination of those changes has the place running quite nicely. Modelrailroadforums has over 800 people online at the moment and it's still nice and snappy. I'm hoping the glitches are over!

Seems like the last few changes have got things stabilized and working nice and fast. I'm going to leave stuff as it is for a bit and see how things work in the next week or two before making any more adjustments.

We found and corrected the core issue, as well as making other adjustments and improvements. I think the problem has been fixed.

We found and corrected the core issue, as well as making other adjustments and improvements. I think the problem has been fixed

One additional update. I had previously had Google ads automatic ad mode installed. While working on the forum, I realized that it had kind of gone nuts on the place. I disabled some features and dialed back others. I need some ad revenue to pay for the place, but it was getting pretty bad.

Last edited:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back