Clinton Airline Railroad, Ohio 1950s

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

The Clinton Airline was a proposed line in Northeast Ohio in the 1950s, the rail bed was constructed but tracks never laid. I am fascinated by this subject as I grew up and live now near this old rail bed which is still very visible if you know where to look.

I am curious to find out what type of locomotive and cars would have been in service on this line if it had been completed. I fear that this history has become lost and I would like to gain as much information as possible about this proposed railroad to keep this local history alive.

The Sandusky, Norwalk, and Mansfield interurban Line uses the Clinton Air Line from Steuben to a point just east of Rt. 61, where it then swerves back down to join Rt. 162, between Steuben and North Fairfield.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com