Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

White Pass & Yukon #114
hobo

White Pass & Yukon #114

WP&Ys #114 MLW 105 ton 1200 H.P. Loc setting lashed to a flat car on the east side oh the Balmer hump yard in Seattle Wa. Dont know much about this wreck,saw on the forum side that it wrecked at Bennett,BC,Killing one and injuring 3 and may have been a runaway?I have rode this line and its one hell of a climb up to the border at Lake Bennett,out of the yard at Skagway AK.
My 2006 Canadian Trackside Guide says it is a BBD (bombardier) RSD-35W, built in 9/1982, serial number M6123-04. It also states that it was stored in Montreal QC, from 1982 until 1995.

To me, it looks like a MLW M-420(w) or a BBD HR412(w)....... see this link, near the bottom of the page, the 3500's, for comparison : http://www.trainweb.org/rosters/KPR.html

Dont know took it out ,off my 2004 Edition The official locomtive roster&news I do have a Trains magazine that has a pcs. about these locs. and the ones they sold i think to Az. mine co. or somthing ,will look for it and post info. Thanks for you input.

Just before they shut down the ore side of things from up in the Anvil Range ,they order 4 units from Bombardier x(MLR)In 1982 & they sat there in Montreal ,till U.S. Gypsum bought #112&113 and ship them two Plaster City Ca.where they total wreaked #113 beyond repair,they went back up north & bought #111&112,When WP&Y started up again they picked up #114 They are DL535E (RSD35) C-C trucks.USG never repainded them they where still in WP&Y colors in the desert in 1993.

Media information

Category
Derailments and Wrecks
Added by
hobo
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back