RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas & Missouri RR photos

Thumbs up Arkansas & Missouri RR photos

I had a chance Monday morning to take some photos of the Arkansas & Missouri. When the northbound Monett Turn showed up it had the ex Ohio Central M420W in the motive power consist. Thought you might enjoy seeing them.

1. A&M's northbound Monett Turn is shown north of Purdy, MO. A hint of fall color is visible.

2. Another photo of the Monett Turn.

3. The Monett Turn is shown as it stops at the Kay Concrete sand facility near Monett, MO.

4. The crew is busy unloading sand.
    Last edited by Kermit; 12-27-2005 at 10:56 AM.
    On taking railfan photos: Shoot and scoot!

Arrow

5. The train prepares to leave for Monett after having finished unloading the sand.

Hope you all enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed watching the train and taking the photos.
    Last edited by Kermit; 12-27-2005 at 10:56 AM.

Ohio Central on the A&M, how many of these do they have?? Great photo's, thanks for posting.
    jerry

Arrow

I'm not an A&M expert, but I believe they have one of the Ohio Central units. They also have an ex Canadian National M420W. I saw what I believe were these two units delievered to the A&M at the BNSF interchange in Monett, MO. I've seen the ex CN unit working in trains several times, but as of yet haven't gotten a photo of it. If anyone has information about more of these units that the A&M owns let us know.

5. Default M420W's

Nice images Kermit!

All four ex-OHIO CENTRAL (nee-CN) M420W's are down on the A&M and I for one sure hope that they like them! I can't wait to see the handsome A&M paint scheme adorning those terriffic looking MLW Noses, off centre head-light four-piece windsheild and all.

6. Default

Nice shots... They run a clean operation. The 420Ws do look like they would fit right in with the right paint.

Dave
    -DPD Productions - Featuring the TrainTenna LP Gain RR Scanner Antenna-
    http://eje.railfan.net/dpdp/

Quote Originally Posted by C630M
    All four ex-OHIO CENTRAL (nee-CN) M420W's are down on the A&M and I for one sure hope that they like them! I can't wait to see the handsome A&M paint scheme adorning those terriffic looking MLW Noses, off centre head-light four-piece windsheild and all.

Repainting the MLWs into A&M paint would be a sad day....since I'm a big OHCR fan. I was lucky to see 3567 last July in Dennison.
    Mike Huhn
    My videos at YouTube.
    Member of RailroadForums since 07/26/2003
    Philadelphia Phillies - 2008 World Series Champions!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Miketherailfan

Repainting the MLWs into A&M paint would be a sad day....since I'm a big OHCR fan. I was lucky to see 3567 last July in Dennison.
    Mike,

I am a fan of OHCR as well ... Heck who isn't for that matter. As well, I would like an M420W in any paint what so ever.

That said ... You must admit, they are going to look terrific in A&M's classy paint scheme and handsome nose sheild.

Only four units? Must've been a slow day. Every time I've been down there, they've run 6 or more motors. Last time I was there (mid-September), they pulled out of Monett with 8 motors up front, all straining their guts out on a 10,000+ ton train. Not a show like it in the world...

BTW, Kermit, I have to thank you. All of your past posts about the A&M helped me piece together some ideas of shots and schedules before I headed down there for the first time last summer. You've been an immense help without even knowing it

Nathan

Tell you what, Miketherailfan, I'll make you a deal. You get the OHCR to get them ugly yeller ex-UP (now OHCR) SD40-2s off my Iowa Interstate, and we'll see what we can do about saving the OHCR M420 from A&M maroon. Okay, so I have absolutely no pull with either company, what's your point?

10. Default

For what its worth, the former OC units consist of 3 M420W's and 1 HR412.

Bryan Jones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast