RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Thread: Heads Up RSS Feed Now Available!

Default Heads Up RSS Feed Now Available!

You asked for a way to get breaking news from the heads up topic, and here it is! Point your RSS reader to the following URL

http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/...ss2&forumids=7

You'll get the latest post to the heads up topic. Great for keeping on top of fast breaking events!
    Last edited by Bob; 09-12-2005 at 11:49 PM.
    Bob Harbison
    RailroadForums.com Host

Here's the url without the forum's automated shortening:

PHP Code:
    www.railroadforums.com/forum/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=
    (It's not actually PHP code, that's just a trick to prevent the forum from truncating the url.)
    Last edited by Bob; 09-12-2005 at 11:50 PM.
    Bob Harbison
    RailroadForums.com Host

Sweet. Added it to my my.yahoo.com page. Now I'll be able to look at RRF stuff at work.
    Eric
    RRF Photo Gallery

It's the same things your whole life. "Clean up your room!", "Stand up straight!", "Pick up your feet!", "Take it like a man!", "Be nice to your sister!", "Don't mix beer and wine, EVER!" Oh yeah, "Don't drive on the railroad tracks!"

The new feed will make this topic a lot more useful. Now you can essentially check it all day long, via your RSS reader.

Hopefully that will make "Heads Up!" a lot more useful, and also encourage members to post more info here. If the topic becomes popular I may break the categories out into regions, such as West Coast, Midwest, East Coast, but it's too early for that.
    Bob Harbison
    RailroadForums.com Host

I think that would be a good idea, splitting the areas (West Coast, Mid west, and however you would want to slpit up the east coast)

I belive this is a great idea, as it kinda feels strang to read that there's a UP busniness train in Indiana (for instance), and your in California. What can you do? If you start such things as topic's for Union Pacific's Heritage Units I would gladly contribute.

Just me, still all together is a wonderful site. And this new update part is great!

Thanks again,

Alex