RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone remember Stan Midgley?

I've backed off on the search for his films, but I should start looking again.

Little known fact: Midgley graduated from Princeton in 1936 with a degree in chemistry, and was a research chemist with Abbott Laboratories until 1946 when he won $1,000 in a travalogue contest. The winning film featured a bike trip through the Bryce, Zion and Grand Canyon regions.

2. Default

Here's another pic of Stan I took at the 'World Adventure Series'.

3. Default Stan Midgley/George Pierrot TV Audio!

Hello:

If anyone would like to hear about ten minutes of TV audio featuring Stan Midgley from 'The George Pierrot Show', please contact me via e-mail, and I will be happy to send it to you as a WAV file.

At the end, I also have the closing theme and some announcer dialog.

Thanks!

Edward Scheerschmidt/Ferndale
    Edward_472002@yahoo.com

4. Default Ferndale, Michigan Interurban

If anyone has ANY old photographs (pre-1970) of Ferndale and its interurban (or any aspect of Ferndale), please contact me (kbreenbo@comcast.net).

Thank you.

For those of you that area interested in the archive that I am building, it may be viewed here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kbreenb...7594053119338/. Do not use without permission.

Doug,

I'm 68 years old, and Remember Stan Midgley well. His works were a regular on The George Perot Show here in the Detroit area. They were well received.

I liked his viedography and commentary. Twas always good.

Something he once said about not doing the freeways has long stuck with me. I think the quote was "You don't see anything at 70 MPH." That has stuck with me, and I'll take the back roads unless I'm in a serious hurry. I've seen things the younger generation has totally missed. Even sat at a few crossing watching trains while the others were highballing down the freeway.

Thanks for bringing back a memory or two.
    Norm

Those Ferndale pictures make me feel old. Somewhere around here, I've got a picture of me standing infront of that WW 2 memorial after it was moved to Livernois by the American Legion Hall. It would have been Memorial Day, 1962, I was part of the honor guard. Thanks for sharing them. GO EAGLES!!!
    Last edited by douglasm; 04-01-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: just because....
    Americans should be ashamed. We've eaten so many millions of Buffalo wings that many kids today have never seen a buffalo fly.

Doug,

Remember when you were a kid? Well, part of you still is.

Faygo commercial. RED POP!
    Norm

Thanks, Norm. Just give me a Velvet Peanut Butter sanwitch (made with Soft-N-Good bread) some New Era potato chips, and a bottle of Faygo Old Fashoned Root Beer ( www.detroitkidshow.com/The_Faygo_Kid.htm ) and I'm ready to head out to the GTW tracks to watch them switch the Reichold Chemical plant in Plesant Ridge.....
    Last edited by douglasm; 04-01-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: misspelling. Didn't make Roosevelt Elementary proud...
    Americans should be ashamed. We've eaten so many millions of Buffalo wings that many kids today have never seen a buffalo fly.

9. Default Stan Midgley

We just bought the Midgley property near Pasadena, and have a box of films and audio recordings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast