RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Thread: Rare GP 60M @ Interbay, WA and in new paint BNSF paint scheme.

Default Rare GP 60M @ Interbay, WA and in new paint BNSF paint scheme.

When I went by Interbay with my commuter train, this evening, I saw the first GP60M in Seattle in many years plus the very first one in the BNSF orange and green scheme that I've seen. Engine was BNSF 104. Don't know if it's just visiting or is joining the 4 GP60 B units in the area for local work and more GP 60Ms will show up.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out for it up north.

I was living in Chicagoland in the late 80's-early 90's when the GP60M's and GP60B's were brand new and leading Santa Fe freights into the Windy City. I believe they were the first units since the FP45 and passenger U Boats to come from the factory in the traditional silver & red War Bonnet scheme.
    Bill Anderson, Mile Post 18 regular

It hadn't moved as of Friday on track 5 south end near the round house.

Seems like it may be a new permanent feature in the area since it just came out of the maintenance shed. Whether in Seattle or a nearby city in the Northwest, watch for it on the mainline soon. That's GP 60M, BNSF 104.

Yesterday, GP 60M, BNSF 105, showed up in fresh paint in the newest scheme at the Interbay Roundhouse, so now we have two A units to go with our 4 B units.

Most of the gp60m's are still warbonnets But some are getting stripped of their heritage paint

Heard today that GP 60Ms, 104 and 105, are going to be a fixture around here on locals. They both are having some teething problems after the overhauls they received. Part of the overhaul was a change which was a removal of the desk top controls and back to a left side operating station like some of the newer GM's.

BNSF 123 also has shown up and it says on the side in the front: GP 60M-3!! Again in the newer paint scheme.