RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Thread: LONG SHOT Loco details request

Default LONG SHOT Loco details request

Could anyone please suggest an id for a Copper Basin loco #307. Sorry, but no sighting details recalled other than that it would have been in one of the only states that I have thus far visited. Viz. AZ, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, TX.
    Last edited by John Sullivan; 02-01-2017 at 06:14 AM.

Copper Basin is an Arizona Shortline. From Wikipedia:

The Copper Basin Railway is an Arizona short-line railroad that operates from a connection with the Union Pacific Railroad at Magma to Winkelman, in 54 miles of length.

I am pretty sure their engines don't venture off line, so you probably saw it in Arizona. It seems like a lot of folks visit them in Magma.

As for #307, the roster I found via Google doesn't show a #307. Could it be #207?

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locolist.aspx?id=CBRY

Bob Harbison
    RailroadForums.com Host

Do an internet search using "Copper Basin Railroad." You will find links to several railroad oriented websites that feature the Copper Basin Railroad and its locomotives.
    Bill Anderson, Mile Post 18 regular

Thanks Bob. I had already googled this loco without success, but have no way of knowing whether I mis-read the number at the time. We did drive from Globe to Phoenix in June 1991, so were in the right area. I did note 202, 206, 207, 302, 401, 403 separately, so guess 307 will have to remain a mystery. Guess the heat got to this poor ol' limey!

Thanks Bill. I should have pointed out that it can be safely assumed that I will have tried internet search and Google, before posting my queries. That's why some of them are real long shots , and/or possibly misreads. (:-)