I am doing genealogywork on my norwegian-american family.
My granduncle immigrated to America in 1902.
An old letter tells us his story about how he got alle the way from Norway to Thompson, IA.
I am working on writing a family book, and I try to find out all the details about his travel with the railroad.
The information I have is the following:
Sept 8th 1902, Monday: Left New York by train 11 PM.
Sept 9th 1902, Tuesday: Arrived Buffalo,NY, at 12 noon. Changed train for Chicago, IL.
Sept 10th 1902, Wednesday: Arrived Chicago at 8 AM. Stayed in Chicago to 4 PM, then back on the train.
Then he writes that they changed trains several times.
They were left on a railroadstation where they were from 3 AM to 1230 PM.
The final destination was Forest City, IA.
My questions is:
- Where did he change trains?
- How was the complete route?
- On what railroadstation did he stay over night before going to Forest City?
- Any pictures of the trains he may have travelled with?
- Any pictures of the Forest City railroadstation about 1902?