RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Thread: Dumping Radio Shack Scanner For Uniden Product

1. Default Dumping Radio Shack Scanner For Uniden Product

For years, I've used RS scanners for catching all the action at home and on the road. Have not been happy with some of the newer RS scanners I purchased. One I purchased turned out to be used and did not work at all. Of course, I discovered this after the allowable return date. I didnt want a complicated scanner or one that could only be configured using computer software.
    I settled on a UNIDEN BC25AT. And I have to say, this is a FABULOUS scanner. It's easy to program (watched some YouTube videos to get a feel for it) and then also purchased computer software for $35. For less than $200, I got a great little scanner. The audio is rock solid, crystal clear. It appears to be more sensitive in picking up freqs. than the RS models I have. AND...it appears to be computer interference proof as well.

This unit also allows text tagging of each channel, delay settings from -10 to 5 seconds, lock-out, backlit key pad. A good number of features for the price. If you're looking for a good scanner, reasonably priced, I would say the UNIDEN BC25AT is the way to go. I use a Larson RR tuned rubber ducky annt. and also a Railcom mobile magnetic annt. for on the road listening.

I've been looking for a Scanner to pick up Metrolink/Amtrak traffic here in Southern California. I'll give this one a shot.