RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Thread: Sharing images from Flickr

Default Sharing images from Flickr

Recent changes on Flickr have made it difficult to share your images here. I've finally managed to develop a simple method that's easy to use, and also preserves the slideshow and link to Flickr, which is the proper method for sharing Flickr images.

It's really easy to use.

1) Start a new thread or post a reply. Click "Go Advanced" to get to the advanced editor.

2) Once you're in the advanced edit window, click on the small Flicker icon in the bottom row of buttons.

3) When you do that, these tags will appear: (Ignore the "HTML code" bit, that's the only way to make them visible in this message.)
    HTML Code:
    [FLICKR][/FLICKR]
    4) On Flickr, grab your user ID and the photo ID from the url for the photo you want to insert. As an example:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobharbison/8025226000/ Do NOT include the trailing "/" but do include the one between your name and the idea. In this case, I'd use "bobharbison/8025226000"

The resulting code will look like this:
    HTML Code:
    [FLICKR]bobharbison/8025226000[/FLICKR]
    That's all there is too it! The photo and slideshow will show up in your message. It will also link back to Flickr, which complies with their linking rules. In fact, it re-creates the same exact link code they provide, but does it in a way that prevent Vbulletin from stripping the html part of the code. (It does that automatically to prevent somebody from posting malicious code on the site.)
    Last edited by Bob; 03-27-2014 at 10:46 PM.
    Bob Harbison
    RailroadForums.com Host

The results will look like this:

Note that if you'd like, you can also type the tags [ FLICKR] and [ /FLICKR] (WITHOUT the spaces I've added to make them visible) into your message manually. This would be handy if you don't want to bother opening the advanced edit window.
    Bob Harbison
    RailroadForums.com Host