Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omaha/CB 4/11 thru 4/28

1. Default

Nice pics Brad! The one east of Elkhorn on 4-20 was the MNCCB-20. I noted the switch stand and switch panel in the grass, was that the old switch for the lead that branched off the main and went into OPPD near 180th and Dodge?

Quote Originally Posted by bnsfrailrunner2008 View Post
    Nice pics Brad! The one east of Elkhorn on 4-20 was the MNCCB-20. I noted the switch stand and switch panel in the grass, was that the old switch for the lead that branched off the main and went into OPPD near 180th and Dodge?
    Thanks!

No, its from the old siding that ran between the two mains. OPPD is still in service.
    Train Photos and more at www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
    also check out www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography

New Yahoo Group:
    Railfans of Omaha & Council Bluffs:
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou..._councilbluffs

Quote Originally Posted by RailfanRails View Post
    Two different types of distillers grain.

Wet is like silage and only a couple of plants actually ship this. Most is sold locally.

Transported in 110t Open top hopperes with a tarp cover:
    Wet Corn Distillers’ Grains (WDG) help to bind other feed ingredients while improving overall palatability. By adjusting the amount of moisture present in feed, WDG is also used to improve digestion and increase total intake. With a higher energy concentration, lower cost and shorter shelf-life than DDGS, it is an attractive feed option for farmers in the vicinity of any GreenField plant.

Dry is like regular feed corn

Transported in 110t Cover Hoppers
    Dried Corn Distillers’ Grains with Solubles (DDGS) is a medium fiber, high protein, high energy dry feed product with a good blend of minerals and nutrients. It functions as an economical partial replacement for corn or soybean meal in dairy, beef, swine and poultry feeds. DDGS can be stored for long periods of time and are available from every GreenField plant except Tiverton.
    You are correct, my apologies.
    Ed Schopperth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12