Thread: Aerial Flood Photos - Part 2

Default Aerial Flood Photos - Part 2

Round two - flood aerials!

All photos from Round One and Two are on my website at http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com/flood

1. Gifford Farm, The BNSF Omaha to Oreapolis line runs along the hill in the upper right part of the photo, this is river flood water.

2. Gifford Farm, I am probably right over the BNSF Line in this photo.

3. Gifford Farm

4. BNSF Railroad Gibson Yard. All the water you see here is from Monday Morning Rain, not the river.

5. Factory surround by water - All the water you see here is from Monday Morning Rain, not the river. BNSF Yard behind it.

6. Citty of Omaha waste water treatement plat The Levee that is build across the tracks is on the right side of the photo.

7. Looks like Rosenblatt could have used some of that water

8. Railroad is high and dry, BNSF on the left, UP on the right.

9. Another flooded factory, just east of little Italy. Behind it there are tracks under water that go from Gibson Yard to the UP/CN in north Omaha - Again, this was all rain water, not from the river.

10. Pumps working away just east of the Con Agra Campus, Several tracks under water in this photo. - Again, this was all rain water, not from the river.

11. Several railroad tracks underwater just east of Con Agra and the old power plant - Again, this was all rain water, not from the river.

12. North downtown - Union Pacific Display Track. - Again, this was all rain water, not from the river.

13. TD Ameritrade dried out quickly. 5 hours before this, the outfield was under water. The UP line next to the stadium also saw some water

14. I680 looking rough

15. I think they are going to need to rebuild I680.

16. More I680

17. More I680

18. I680./I29 still under water - CN Line next to the interchange.

19. The 100 year old IC Swing bridge still standing tall!

20. Anchor Inn

21. freedom Park

22. Riverfront Pumping Effort, Pumps take water from the storm sewer system, under the Union Pacific Track, up the hill and down a big "water slide" and in to the river.

23. Riverfront Pumping Effort, Pumps take water from the storm sewer system, under the Union Pacific Track, up the hill and down a big "water slide" and in to the river.

24. This is Helicopter I flew in this time around. Its not the normal helicopter I use, but this one was awesome! I hope it becomes my normal ride!
    Train Photos and more at www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
    also check out www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography

New Yahoo Group:
    Railfans of Omaha & Council Bluffs:
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou..._councilbluffs

Great photos Brad! Could you tell if there would need to be quite a bit of work on the CN northeast of town? Thanks for sharing!
    Nathan "Jurgy" Jurgensen
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Flickr

Thanks. The CN looked decent. It looked like there was one washout near town, but the rest just needed to be cleaned from the trees.

New Yahoo Group:

4. Default

Thanks for taking the helecopter ride. Great photos. Great looking helicopter. Shows why we were not able to get railcars to north Omah this week. We had to string a hose about 200 feet across the field/swamp to get material to run our facility. ground water is still coming under the parking lot.
    Tom Zorko
    The resale value of this car is gonna be practically nil after this trip -- WC Fields

5. Default

Are those current pictures?

I never realized the flooding was still so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 728 Cable Donkey View Post
    Are those current pictures?

I never realized the flooding was still so bad.
    Yes, I just took them on Monday. Its still bad, but with the flood gates closed, any big rain becomes another big flood inside the levee.

New Yahoo Group:

Awesome shots! And that helicopter you used, all I can say is........GO BIG RED!!!!!!!
    Jeff
    The Trainmaster
    Port of Abilene Kansas
    Have camera, will travel :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Heritage units seen:
    UP 1988 7/5/11
    UP 1989 7/10/11
    UP 2010 7/19/11
    UP 1995 8/1/11
    Have all the unpatched SP AC4400CW's on video
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MP 163.1 UP Salina Sub
    MP 58.1 BNSF Strong City Sub

Great view from the sky sir, Thanks for sharing.