RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Default Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

I live in Pinole CA, so I am pretty fortunate to live very close to some great areas to watch trains. I am constantly, if not always successfully, trying to improve my photographic skills, and with the great weather we have had lately around these parts, I have been taking a lot of pics, so I thought I would share.

A San Joaquin train runs along San Pablo Bay outside of Crockett on the way to Oakland.

Maintenance crews running some locos around the yard at Roseville

Old rotary plows still in SP markings at the Roseville yard

Capital Corridor runs along the bay late one afternoon through Hercules CA

This guy couldn't wait 5 whole seconds for the train to pass at Jack London Square

Caught this while out on a bike ride after work this week. Of course I was on the wrong side of the creek to get the best angle...This is in a city park in Pinole, and it is the mainline of the BNSF just west of Franklin Canyon.

A Capital Corridor slows as it pulls into the Emeryville station.

Every Sunday the Geeps at the Martinez yard make a run to the Oakland yard, I assume for servicing. I caught them on their way back to Martinez just east of Emeryville.

Thanks for sharing, great shots and while you're in such a generous mood, how about sharing some of that sun. While we have a few days of sun here in the PNW, we are getting kind of pale. Summer can't come soon enough.
    John
    Politicians and Diapers should be changed often and for the Same Reason.

Thanks for posting. I lived in Sacramento from 1973-84 and those are probably the same rotary plows that I photographed sitting in the Roseville yard over 30 years ago.
    Bill Anderson, Mile Post 18 regular

Nice indeed. The BNSF photo turned out very well.

Very nice!! Thanks for sharing. There's a lot of great train watching in the Bay area.

Wow, it's like a rotory plow museum! Too cool!

Your photography is fantastic! I grew up in Pinole (PVHS Class of '82) so it's always great to see railfanning shots posted from the area. Keep up the great work!

On a side note, is there anything left of the Hercules Powder Company narrow gauge trackage along the SP main? What about the old HPC power plant on the water side? Been a very long time since I poked around down there.

Brian Wise
    General Manager
    Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad
    www.mrsr.com

Quote Originally Posted by speeder3 View Post
    Your photography is fantastic! I grew up in Pinole (PVHS Class of '82) so it's always great to see railfanning shots posted from the area. Keep up the great work!

On a side note, is there anything left of the Hercules Powder Company narrow gauge trackage along the SP main? What about the old HPC power plant on the water side? Been a very long time since I poked around down there.

Brian Wise
    General Manager
    Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad
    www.mrsr.com
    First off, thanks for all the compliments. I live right off Pinole Valley Road near the High School. That whole area in Hercules is now developed...Nothing left of all the old explosive industry. There is quite a nice little pub called the Powder Keg in homage to the area's past on the site of the old dynamite factory. If you look at the picture below of the Captial Corridor running in push mode, the background is all new Hercules devolpment with only a few historic buildings being preserved. A major transit center is planned, but with the economy being what it is, there are doubts as to the feasability at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary38 View Post
    Great pics keep them coming
    I was thinking the same thing, looking forward to more.
    Click Here for the RuckusRails Blog
    Derailments, Shortlines, Specials, History, Locomotive Articles and More

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast