RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 478795969798 LastLast

Thread: Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Quote Originally Posted by ShePointsIDig View Post
    ...is an awesome photograph. You could start a thread something like, "From the Wrong Side of the Tracks."

The railfan who got me started on rail photography--such that it is--was constantly scoffing at photographs taken from the wrong side of the train.

Obviously he was wrong.

Got any more?

Art
    I have hundreds of shots from the "wrong" side I would love to have all my shots in perfect light, but the silly people who designed the railroads don't understand this! Some of the spots I frequent are just not aligned to ever be in good light with a good field of view, so I wouldn't get anything if applied that criteria. If you click on any of my photos here you will got to my Flickr page, where you can select the "trains" album and peruse shots going back almost 10 years now.

Same train as the B&W above, but about 20 miles east, leaving the bay area at Port Chicago to cross the delta on the way to Stockton.

Horsepower by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Green hills won't last long. Another dry year.

Passing the Phillips Spur by lennycarl08, on Flickr

BNSF Clean air converter

Working Hard by lennycarl08, on Flickr

I don't take a lot of "Going Away" shots, but I liked how the signal added to the picture

Proceeding With Caution by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
    Green hills won't last long. Another dry year.
    Soon it will look like old, worn, velvet-covered overstuffed furniture. One of my favorite scenes in the California hills.

Finally caught the Cabbage Car in the lead!

It DOES Go Forward by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Nice looking cabbage.
    Bill Anderson, Mile Post 18 regular

Quote Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
    Finally caught the Cabbage Car in the lead!
    To the great uninitiated--specifically, me--that thing ghosting along with no engine sound would be a little spooky. Like the "Steam Locomotive" I saw on a tourist RR once. I was standing by the track expecting the warm radiated heat coming off the boiler as it passed. Instead I got the thrum of a 45-tonner disguised as the tender. Messed with my mind.

These guys got stuck just outside Richmond yard waiting for a mechanical issues to be fixed on an outgoing freight before they could go the final half mile of their trip. They had just dropped off the UPS load at North Bay.

No Room at the Inn by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 478795969798 LastLast