RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428290919293 LastLast

Thread: Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Quote Originally Posted by brad_in_omaha View Post
    Nice. What are the tracks in the foreground?
    The tracks in the foreground are the old Southern Pacific Mococo line that ran from Port Costa to Tracy and the even older Sacramento Northern. The San Joaquin Daylight used to run right by here, and the SN used to have a ferry that docked a few miles to the east ( photo right) for crossing the Suisun Bay between West Pittsburg (no H on the California city) and Chips Island. Today the UP runs locals as far as Antioch out of Ozal yard in Martinez on the middle track. The Santa Fe San Francisco Chief used to run on the BNSF mainline that the vehicle train is on.

Same train, 2 different places. I wasn't actually chasing it, but it happened to be going in the same direction as I was on my way home from the Merced NWR in the central valley. Shot with the RX10

County Line by lennycarl08, on Flickr

8257 Out of Riverbank by lennycarl08, on Flickr

A rare double header on the California Northern. Even more rare is that this was a Saturday. The canneries are busy enough to warrant OT.

Saturday Double Header by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Chargers are in full service now

Caltrans Charger by lennycarl08, on Flickr

We have new Chargers up here that are scheduled to go into service soon on the Cascades.

My wife is visiting relatives in Lincoln. She said it is unseasonably warm down there.
    Bill Anderson, Mile Post 18 regular

We had a warm week, but after our last storm, it has cooled off considerably.

Overtime! by lennycarl08, on Flickr

A rare SD59MX

Sunday Freight by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Great shot. Look at that shinny new locomotive.
    Eric
    RRF Photo Gallery

It's the same things your whole life. "Clean up your room!", "Stand up straight!", "Pick up your feet!", "Take it like a man!", "Be nice to your sister!", "Don't mix beer and wine, EVER!" Oh yeah, "Don't drive on the railroad tracks!"

Rolling into the sunset

Turning Into the Sun by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428290919293 LastLast