Page 118 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1809

Thread: Stampede Pass Diary

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tuscor View Post
    My main goals for heading to Pasco were to check out the orchards near Kiona to see if the trees were blossoming yet (they were) and to get to Providence to see if the hills were green (they were).

Besides, with 2 sunny weekend days forcast for Pasco, I had to go!

I'm with you Sinamox. First sunny weekend after you can get across Stampede Pass I am headed for Tunnel 4 to get an eastbound coming out of that snowshed!
    Brian
    Green hills in the drylands, moderate temperatures and good light all day. I need to reserve my next clear weekend for Trinidad or Providence. Maybe stretch it and do Joso and the Palouse.

Please all regular Stampede travelers report status on FR-5400 (the Stampede road). Last year it was cleared of snow on June 23rd with at that time several feet of still on the ground. The snow depth at the weather station has dropped a foot in the last week and is currently at 92". The CleElum ranger station website lists road conditions but is usually a couple of weeks behind with info.

So please stop and check the road on you I-90 trips and report back.
    Tom Kaminski
    Tacoma, WA

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sinamox View Post
    Please all regular Stampede travelers report status on FR-5400 (the Stampede road). Last year it was cleared of snow on June 23rd with at that time several feet of still on the ground. The snow depth at the weather station has dropped a foot in the last week and is currently at 92". The CleElum ranger station website lists road conditions but is usually a couple of weeks behind with info.

So please stop and check the road on you I-90 trips and report back.
    Weatherstation snow depth 89" Looks like the same as 2010. Expect early June.
    Tom Kaminski
    Tacoma, WA

On Friday 5/4 there were 2 westbounds that departed ellensburg within an hour of each other (11am-12pm). one must have been the m-pasvbt. any idea what the other westbound was?

FWIW, still looks like an average of 2.5 or 3 eastbounds per day on the sub. the peak was the first two weeks of march when it was a solid 4 eastbounds per day. the early-afternoon time frame out of auburn (esp. 2pm-3pm) is still the most reliable, though it seems pretty random.

Taken from various locations between Thorp, Bullfrog, Kanaskat, and Ravensdale.
    1&2, Bullfrog; 3, Kanaskat; 4, Ravensdale
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	205425_1832479325443_104419.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	119973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bullfrog2.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	119974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kanaskat, WA.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	119975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ravensdale, WA.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	119976  

Maintenance In The Way, NW division.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballard Beaver View Post
    On Friday 5/4 there were 2 westbounds that departed ellensburg within an hour of each other (11am-12pm). one must have been the m-pasvbt. any idea what the other westbound was?
    Friday, M-PASVBT1-03 departed E'burg at 10:10 and B-PASSEA5-07 departed at 10:45. Those were the only westbounds that day.

Brent

I was driving eastbound along Maple Valley Highway today (east of Maplewood Golf course) just before 11am. Passing me going west was a tow truck towing a BNSF Ford Superduty pickup which had extensive damage to the front end. Anyone know what happened? Hopefully all parties involved came away uninjured!

That truck came from the Kanaskat section compound, it was my former foreman's truck that the track inspector was using and he hit the snow plow while hyrailing, I don't remember if he hit the regulator plow or the bigger one a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieFergy53 View Post
    I was driving eastbound along Maple Valley Highway today (east of Maplewood Golf course) just before 11am. Passing me going west was a tow truck towing a BNSF Ford Superduty pickup which had extensive damage to the front end. Anyone know what happened? Hopefully all parties involved came away uninjured!
    Maintenance In The Way, NW division.

8. Default

BNSF seeks injunction against BLET regarding Stampede Pass line:

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/05/10/46388.htm

Courthouse News
    Fort Worth-based BNSF Railway says it wants to create a new interdivisional freight line, known as the Northwest Triangle, to run between Auburn, Pasco and Vancouver, Wash., beginning in June.

Since the new line will not run through a home terminal, BNSF says it can implement the change on 20-days notice under the collective bargaining agreement. If that was not the case, BNSF says it would have to engage in additional procedures.
    After presenting the plan at an August meeting, neither the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen nor the United Transport Union challenged the home terminal factor, the railway says.
    Now, however, the union has characterized the line as a "major dispute" or unilateral change under the agreement, and strike-worthy.
    "On May 4, 2012, BLET General Chairman Matt Wilson refused to agree that the dispute at issue was a minor dispute, and he expressly reserved the right to consider this dispute a major dispute if he was not granted certain concessions unrelated to these Northwest Triangle Operational change," the complaint states.
    BNSF says this position is "indefensible," that the dispute is minor based on the language of the agreements, arbitral authority and past practices, as well as Wilson's willingness to arbitrate if he is granted the concessions.
    It says Wilson is holding the railway "hostage to his major-dispute threat" to get the concessions.

Full article is here:
    [www.courthousenews.com]
    This is related to the "Iron Triangle" plan involving Stampede that BNSF wants to implement. There is more info on this other thread regarding Stampede, starting at post #26:
    http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/...t=36539&page=3
    Graham

MP 64 Bristol Line

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ES44AC View Post
    I don't remember if he hit the regulator plow or the bigger one a few months ago.
    Broom end of the regulator plow.

10. Default Two just met at Easton

Checking ATCS this morning just saw two trains meeting at Easton. I then checked out railroadradio.net to see what was gouing on.

BNSF 5689 East has left Easton on track warrant 431-4 at 08:23 while the BNSF 5492 West left on track warrant 431-5.

Wish I were up there this morning but I have another work safety meeting to attend.

Brian Ambrose
    Renton, WA

Page 118 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast