RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192
Results 1,911 to 1,919 of 1919

Thread: Stampede Pass Diary

Quote Originally Posted by redlynx View Post
    Noted this afternoon that there are still wells plugging Bristol. They've got a slot train at Wymer (always was a problem spot, even in NP days). Wells seem to be all gone from Pomona.

That sometimes happens when Tacoma and South Seattle Yard are full of N/S bound layover trains. I've even seen cars stored on the old Palmer/Cumberland line on the Westside of the Pass.

Has BNSF had problems with the tree mains across Washington?

Has BNSF had problems with the tree mains across Washington?
    Could you rephrase that? I don't know what your asking.

Nice typo on my part. Meant did they have problems with conditions on any of the three mains when WSDOT had I 90 closed.

Last week ending on the 21st they had the Fallbridge sub down for a couple days with trees down along 15 miles of track west of Pasco due to ice storm problems. Accessing the locations was a main problem so work was slow with only few points to work from and attacking it one tree at a time.

Gotta love winter ...I guess. I heard someone blowing Yakima/Selah crossings about 0645 this morning, so I'm guessing they've kept Stampede open. Have they had problems on Stevens? Does anyone know if BNSF has had to break out the rotaries on the passes, or if they've been able to use spreaders and traffic to keep up?

Gotta love winter ...I guess. I heard someone blowing Yakima/Selah crossings about 0645 this morning, so I'm guessing they've kept Stampede open. Have they had problems on Stevens? Does anyone know if BNSF has had to break out the rotaries on the passes, or if they've been able to use spreaders and traffic to keep up?
    On Stampede, I have not heard of any Dozer or Jordan runs. They're keeping up with the ballast regulator snow plows. On Stevens, they ran the Dozer one day a few weeks ago and should be running it again tomorrow, on the east side, February 17.

Anyone know of scheduled track work on the Stampede or Yakima subs? I just saw that they are staging a bunch of MOW equipment in Ellensburg. 8 or 9 87' flatcars with a tractor or two on them (otherwise empty), a lot of various MOW track vehicles, and an assortment of large hi-rail vehicles with cranes as well.

Also saw the E-burg local today. Oddly enough there was a single ES44C4 coupled to the standard dual sd40-2's. The prime mover was off, so I'm assuming this was a dead unit that the local was taking back to Pasco for repair. #6980...anyone know anything about this?

Looks like they're working in the canyon on the Yakima Sub right now. MOW equipment was parked at Thrall, and the white bags were laid out across the river from "Big Pines" campground, near Roza this afternoon.
    Doesanyone know if they are actually going to do something with the tunnel this year?

Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192