Thread: Locomotive scrap yard

1. Cool Locomotive scrap yard

I work in Arabi, Louisiana we have a small freight yard that services 4 industries here. Northfork Southern is the railroad here and you see the same thing every day. That changed about 3 weeks ago wehn they brought down about 6 old engines and had all the markings removed. Well I could not find where they went till last week when they brought down another one. I kept an eye on it and saw them bring it to an area that was kind of out of the way. That is when I saw the other engines being scrapped right in the back of the yard. Well I got a photo of the engine they brought down and today I got some pictures of the other in their state of scrap. Why they chose to do it here i have no idea but here are some pics.

Pics

2. Default

not sure if the pics work so here is the link again

http://community.webshots.com/album/...naGsYK?start=0

I believe you meant Norfolk Southern.

And welcome to the forums!
    Tommy Warshaw III

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    On Twitter: @EasternRailfan | My Flickr: T-3 Photography

Canon 5D Mark II |17-40mm f/4L, 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, 50mm f/1.8

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbjb603 View Post
    I work in Arabi, Louisiana we have a small freight yard that services 4 industries here. Northfork Southern is the railroad here and you see the same thing every day. That changed about 3 weeks ago wehn they brought down about 6 old engines and had all the markings removed. Well I could not find where they went till last week when they brought down another one. I kept an eye on it and saw them bring it to an area that was kind of out of the way. That is when I saw the other engines being scrapped right in the back of the yard. Well I got a photo of the engine they brought down and today I got some pictures of the other in their state of scrap. Why they chose to do it here i have no idea but here are some pics.

Pics
    those are former Norfolk Southern GE C39-8E's which are being scrapped.

Bryan Jones
    Brooks,KY

Hi, my name is Robert young here in Hopewell Va. and i was wondering if you could tell me where i can find a set of Nathan K5LA thats been used and that they are going to scrap because i'd like to do the rebuilding myself. I really appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by trainhornk5la View Post
    Hi, my name is Robert young here in Hopewell Va. and i was wondering if you could tell me where i can find a set of Nathan K5LA thats been used and that they are going to scrap because i'd like to do the rebuilding myself. I really appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks.
    Bringing back an old topic, might have wanted to start a new topic instead, but here is a reply-

Call or email these guys- http://www.ltexrail.com/

They scrap and rebuild locomotives, as well as spare parts for them. K5's are pretty expensive though, expect to pay over $1000 for a new one, not sure how much a broken one would go for, if anyone would sell one at all.
    -Reed Skyllingstad
    KE7FCQ
    MP. 6.7, Tacoma, WA
    Currently in Kittitas, WA (at school)
    [Canon 5D] [Canon 1N RS] [Sony NEX-5N] [DEAD: Canon 10D]
    {Canon 17-40L} {Canon 24-105L} {Canon 70-200L} {Canon 300L} {Canon 50 1.4} {Sigma 180 3.5 Macro EX DG}