RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Sound Transit Lakewood Extension Photos

Quote Originally Posted by KristopherJ View Post
    The guy was saying the speed on the new trestle will be 60mph. The current speed is 40mph. He was pointing out the kink near the north end and the dip near the sound end from all the settling.

I heard Centralia North talking to the test train; AMTK 188 was pointed north. He was Manitou? Then we was at CP188, and was going north. The signal at D Street went red, I waited for about an hour and gave up. Never did see it.

-KristopherJ
    I don't think the test train will come down to Freight House Station only up on the new track sections north of South Tacoma to Nisqually that's why you saw the red block at D street as the test train was coming north stopping and then was preparing for a south run at the top of the hill. By the way, today they start the cut over to the new bridge lasting till the afternoon of the 22nd. South line Sounders will start and terminate at Puyallup at the south end with passengers for that time period. Buses will take the passengers to and from the stations south of there.

Friday afternoon around 4 pm I was in Dupont area and twice I saw Semi Trucks with trailers blocking the rail crossing at Dupont/Steilacoom Road. Didn't see any police or sheriff around the crossings there. Don't know if they were not running test trains Friday but hope the word gets out to the truckers coming to and from the warehousing at Dupont.
    We've got a green, Hi Ball!

3. Default

Late last night the new bridge was pushed into position.
    http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/Rai...am/default.htm

The four panels for a new turnout are laying in front of the platform at Freighthouse Square.

-KristopherJ
    Trained Eye Northwest
    www.trainedeyenorthwest.com

Monday as I drove South on I-5, the multiple signs along right of way have been uncovered; I saw them between Berkley St/Exit on I-5 south of Tacoma to Dupont

P -70 About MP 120 on I-5.
    P - 10 Same area

W signs as well, others I couldn't see as they are facing South for Northbound.

Must be getting closer for higher speeds.

And, again today, saw one semitruck blocking the crossing at Dupont/Steilacoom Road.
    We've got a green, Hi Ball!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GN Goat View Post
    Monday as I drove South on I-5, the multiple signs along right of way have been uncovered; I saw them between Berkley St/Exit on I-5 south of Tacoma to Dupont

P -70 About MP 120 on I-5.
    P - 10 Same area

W signs as well, others I couldn't see as they are facing South for Northbound.

Must be getting closer for higher speeds.

And, again today, saw one semitruck blocking the crossing at Dupont/Steilacoom Road.
    Well those trucker better learn fast because this weekend the trains are going 79mph.
    http://www.soundtransit.org/Projects...n-alert-022117

-KristopherJ
    Trained Eye Northwest

6. Default

Went down to Tacoma to find the test train. I had no idea where the trainset was, so I went to the Lakewood Transit Center to wait for it. The DS was talking to him at CP40.
    You could tell when he was close because the red-blue police lights were at the crossing. Is he on Main 1? Or is the new track Main 2?
    This photo is from the top floor of the parking garage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LAK_11A.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	327.2 KB 
ID:	133109

I then drove down to Nisqually. If anyone is thinking about pacing the first train come September, you better rethink that. Traffic on I-5 is horrible. I had several left-lane-campers who decided that 55 was the right speed. I got a photo of him at Dupont. More on that later.

Here is the test train coming down the hill at Freighthouse Square.

Name:	LAK_11B.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	403.0 KB 
ID:	133110

At noon the crew took a lunch break. Here the train is parked at Freighthouse Square.

Name:	LAK_11C.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	279.6 KB 
ID:	133111

At Dupont, I heard the train asking the DS if they could head north. I went to the Park-Ride lot and waited. Right before the train came, this contractor guy came up to me and begin harassing and intimidating me. He photographed my truck and license plate and told me I was trespassing. He told me this was a warning and next time I would be arrested. He then started talking bad toward railfans and said his job was to keep railfans away. I told him it will get worse as September approaches. He says "I Know". Then he stood in front of me to prevent me from getting a photo.
    This guy was a real a-hole. I know there are lots of railfans from all over planning a trip out here in the Fall, so be awear.

Name:	LAK_11D.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	133112

-KristopherJ
    Trained Eye Northwest

Great shots. Thanks for taking the time to go down there!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213