RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Sound Transit Lakewood Extension Photos

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Sakes View Post
    Does anybody have anything new to report on this? Is the plan still to have Amtrak running on this line starting in the fall of 2017?
    So far everything is ahead of schedule from March 2. If they continue this way, Amtrak should be running trains daily starting sometime in September or October. From what I last heard, the Tacoma Amtrak Station has a 'Final' shut down date of 9/10/17, but we'll see if that still stays or not.

2. Default

Stay off the tracks for Pete Sakes!

3. Default

WSDOT just sent out an email saying Monday December 18th is the day Amtrak changes over to the "inland" route. Two new train will be added at the same time.
    So the weekend of the 16th & 17th will be your last day to travel along Puget Sound.

-KristopherJ
    Trained Eye Northwest
    www.trainedeyenorthwest.com

We should organize a railfan event: pre-deadfanning a former passenger route before it becomes a former. I've never ridden Amtrak, so it'd be two firsts for me. Just Tacoma-Olympia-Tacoma

5. Default

Hopefully the weather is decent in December; no snow or ice. The days are short and dark in December. Cloud cover would be nice; if you shoot from D Street you will be shooting into the sun.

I thought WSDOT would do the change-over on a Saturday. That way they have 2 days to work out the bugs before dealing with all the Sounder trains.
    I wonder how long it will take when a Sounder passengers gets on board a Cascades or vice versa?

-KristopherJ
    Trained Eye Northwest

6. Default

What a day. I have been planning for this day for years, and since October 3rd when WSDOT announced the big day, I've been in prep mode. Now I'm sick to my stomach.
    I'm sitting here debating my self if I should post these photos; people have already posted photos of the derailment on other sites, so here I go. These 3 photos are of the first revenue train, #501.

Here is 501 pulling into Tacoma.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	501-a.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	265.5 KB 
ID:	134304

The people walking are headed to a Sounder train on the other track. Pardon the water drops on the lens, it was raining pretty good.

Name:	501-b.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	275.0 KB 
ID:	134305

Here is 501 departing. The people at the crossing are waiting to walk over to the new platform and get on a northbound Sounder.

Name:	501-c.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	134306

After hearing the DS say nothing was moving on the Lakewood Sub, I walked over to the station to ask why. I see this note.

Name:	501-d.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	134307

-KristopherJ
    Trained Eye Northwest

Thanks for the photos. It's a sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Limit View Post
    Thanks for the photos. It's a sad day.
    A very sad day indeed. I started a thread on the derailment here: