Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Railroad locks WANTED

Train City USA, Otherweise known as the Iron Triangle.

Default Railroad locks WANTED

Hey guys if any of you have some locks layin around that you want to sell for a FAIR price please let me know, Looking for locks mainly with markings on them... ex: NW S&C dept B&O.... ect. I collect locks and keys and collect new and old. If interested in selling some please let me know. I also collect keys as well. Thanks much!!

2. Default

Be careful what you wish for Lockman - A local individual was arrested a few years ago for selling a box of active RR keys on eBay. Nothing against collectors such as yourself but from an engineer's POV, I'd really rather there wasn't a lot of working keys out there in the wild. I work in quite a bit of dark territory and the thought of coming up on an open switch somewhere in the night at track speed gives me the willies.

Train City USA, Otherweise known as the Iron Triangle.

I completely understand what you are saying, as such an even could lead to a catastrophe... provided such keys got into the hands of someone with malicious thoughts. However coming from a collectors point of view... One just has to maintain a certain level of respect for possessing such items...which I have. I know Ebay put a ban on the sale of such items which is totally understandable to a certain point. I find not harm in the sale of locks and keys that are no longer in current use. But YES.... there should not be sale of keys that are still active... got forbid one got into the hands of some wacko who thinks it would be "cool" to throw a switch without the proper procedures being done and derail a train. I have inquired a nice collection of keys and locks in my years but they are for COLLECTING ONLY and the keys to the locks I have are actually locked up in a keybox just for security purposes. Thanks for the bit of info though... I figured I would just post a little thing on here though to get the attention of some of you guys out there that have some locks and keys laying around... as such items can be somewhat of a challenge to come across.... Like a key for my C&S lock that I cant seem to find a match for... I've even talked with some of the guys that work for the CSX line.. They havent been able to come up with anything ether.. I'm sure all the locks were replaces onces CSX took over the line.

gungho Guest

Exclamation sad

Quote Originally Posted by Extralist View Post
    Be careful what you wish for Lockman - A local individual was arrested a few years ago for selling a box of active RR keys on eBay. Nothing against collectors such as yourself but from an engineer's POV, I'd really rather there wasn't a lot of working keys out there in the wild. I work in quite a bit of dark territory and the thought of coming up on an open switch somewhere in the night at track speed gives me the willies.
    I really feel sorry for people who think banning 100 year old locks on ebay will stop terrorism, it wont, and as i explained on ebay they sell bolt cutters and 18 volt side grinders that will make short work of any lock, so be scared be very scared because your government cannot protect you by doing stuff like this. Now maybe a better lock or even digital keypads , but come on guys

gungho Guest

Cool I have one for sale no key :>

Quote Originally Posted by Lockman2008 View Post
    Hey guys if any of you have some locks layin around that you want to sell for a FAIR price please let me know, Looking for locks mainly with markings on them... ex: NW S&C dept B&O.... ect. I collect locks and keys and collect new and old. If interested in selling some please let me know. I also collect keys as well. Thanks much!!
    ADLAKE no 48 lock STL SF BR pat 1912 lets say $25.00 you pay shipping #222 under thumb plate email me i have a secure site i can sell from, all i have to do is list the item and you could buy it through that site
    in fact i will heres a link to that site http://your24hourstore.com/cart.php?do=main&catid=6
    have a nice day

I do have a couple of SAL , ACL (Adlake or Lang) locks I can part with, no keys. You can reply to me Walt_Rogers@csx.com. We can talk price if you are interested. Thanks.
    Walt

You can never know which way the train went by looking at the track.

7. Default Locks and keys

I have a conrail lock with key

8. Default

I am looking for railroad locks & keys that i dont have.I will buy or trade i have some old locks that we changed out from my railroad.

9. Default

PM Sent ref to locks.
    Jake

10. Default

lockman
    i have several locks & keys for sale such as a bn lock & key, soo line lock & key, c & nw lock, bn key works in it. old style sp lock & keys keys several bninc & bnr keys,also have several other keys & locks.
    gary caboose

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast