Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Railroad Photos and Trip Reports - Mexico

1. Default

The large back doors at the grand terminal station that lead out to the platforms. Out back there are freight trains parked all over and even in one area freight is loaded and unloaded.

Canon Powershot SX10 IS

10 Megapixel w/ 20X Optical Zoom

2. Default

Another really neat aspect to the restoration of the Terminal Station is the new club room just off to the right side of the station. The bar actually accesses both the front of the station and the platform as well. The bar/catering room will be used for social functions and the outside seating area that was built especially for this sits directly behind the static steam engine display.

When they commissioned the construction of the outside seating area they made sure to include and continue the rail décor from the original station, this in the form of the train wheels with wings set in the cast iron moldings on the upper portion of the awnings.

Club room under the finishing stages of construction

Another view

A frontal view of the outside seating area

The outside seating area I purposely over exposed this picture so you could see the details in the awnings, with the rail décor that was added to them in keeping with the main décor of the station building. The sun was very bright this day and this was my only option to be able to see the details

Another view

Then looking off from the seating area one can see the actual parking lot ends into the freight area, and one of the still used freight buildings.

A close up of the details of the décor that was continued on the new construction

The nicely painted static steam engine display alongside the seating area of the club patio, which makes a great location for any child’s birthday party with a train theme

Last edited by James D; 06-05-2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Canon Powershot SX10 IS

3. Default

Bump

Guess nobody else has any Mexico pictures to share.. if so post them
    Canon Powershot SX10 IS

4. Default

Great shots, I don't know why I didn't see this thread before.

Very interesting photos! Mexico has some amazing rail lines. The former Mexicano route from Vera Cruz to Puebla and the N de M line from Vera Cruz to Oriental are just incredible. I wish that there were more contemporary photos of operations there. The current drug wars down south are certainly interfering with railfanning. There is some cool stuff on YouTube to check out.

6. Default

Here are two from Felipe Pescador, Zacatecas, and two from western Chihuahua. More to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fxe3730felipepescador.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	505.9 KB 
ID:	119617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fxe4005felipepescador.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	503.7 KB 
ID:	119618   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fxe2000.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	520.9 KB 
ID:	119619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fxe3012.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	524.7 KB 
ID:	119620  

Ferromex Rocks! Now lets bring back TFM...

Awesome pics, James. I can't believe there is that kind of construction down south. I love the look of the restored Durango Station. That bold green train board is a real treat. Kinda makes you want to study up on your Spanish...keep 'em coming. Always welcome pics from south of the border, very refreshing for a change. The Canadian stuff gets old after a time.
    Walt

You can never know which way the train went by looking at the track.

brayden Guest

Wow!Great pictures....

Thanks,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234