RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Thread: Conway Scenic Railroad et al

Default Conway Scenic Railroad et al

This is The Official Thread Covering Conway Scenic Railroad / The 470 Railroad Club / Maine Central Steam Locomotive #501 all located or operating at this location in N. Conway, NH
    The470 Railroad Club thumbed its nose at $250,000.00 I offered to undertake a complete Restoration to Operational Status of Maine Central Class W 2-8-0 #501. Some Club....

I,m John Smythe and Master Mechanic of the MEC #501 Steam Locomotive. Retired. Follow the basic rules that these folks ask us to adhere to and The Sky Is The Limit. I don,t like Censorship which is what one other railroad .net type site dishes out. I will try to answer all and I dish out the TRUTH. People like to know what is going on, really going on and I like Fair and Balanced.
    The470 Railroad Club thumbed its nose at $250,000.00 I offered to undertake a complete Restoration to Operational Status of Maine Central Class W 2-8-0 #501. Some Club....

Tell us about your operation; history, route, rolling stock, operations....

Your best shot to bring yourself up to speed a lot faster than I can type is to enter Conway Scenic Railroad into your address bar. The same for The 470 Railroad Club out of Portland, Maine and Maine Central Steam Locomotive / or MEC #501 Steam Locomotive Restoration Project and you will score a lot of stuff. My maine theme was to restore MEC #501 to operational status and I had every obstical put in my path from 1997-2000. Hope this is helps. I,m just a Mechanic

5. Default

It's time to KISS OFF Conway Scenic Railroad and The 470 Railroad Club and The BS Propaganda they spew out. I'm sorry I ever got involved with them. All the time I was missing out on being a part of another Tourist Railroad Line located in Essex, Conn called " THE VALLEY RAILROAD COMPANY " They have been whats been happening all along, and when I say " All Along " I mean their COMMITMENT to the PRESERVATION and ADVANCEMENT via Operation of Steam Locomotives rather than boring Diesel Crapolla. Maine Central #501 will always be mine to cherrish, she deserves a better fate, that fate will arrive the day she becomes the property of The NON PROFIT GROUP that is getting up and running over in The State of Maine called The Downeast Railroad.
    Last edited by MR501; 03-12-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Spelling
    The 470 Railroad Club of Portland, Maine SUCKS!

6. Thumbs up

Long Live Maine Central Steam Locomotive #501 & Boycott The 470 Railroad Club... They Suck !!!!!!!!!!!!! BYE!
    The 470 Railroad Club of Portland, Maine SUCKS!