RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Thread: Bicci & Onri Railroad

1. Default Bicci & Onri Railroad

Hi! I'm new to your forum and hopefully you'll be able to guide me! I purchased a coffee mug that has ONRI on the front and was told it belonged to a railroad. The only information I have been able to find is there at one time was a Bicci & Onri backwoods logging railroad in California. Has anyone heard of this railroad line?

Thanks for your help!

2. Default

There was an HO model railroad by that name featured in an old issue of either Model Railroader or Railroad Model Craftsman. The article appeared many years ago. I am not sure if there was also a real rail line by that name or not.

Here's a link to the model rr with that tongue-in-cheek name:
    http://mickterry.com/index5.htm
    Ed Schopperth

4. Default

Papio - thanks so much for that information. That's the website I originally found where I got what little information I have. It shows pictures of the train and the station that evidently was burnt down but that was the most I've been able to find. I can't even find any information on the town Mickey Terry states on his website. The cup I have is from the 1950's so I have to assume there was really a train named Onri. I have a railroad china book but it doesn't have anything on it. I doubt if a china company would produce any dining china for a fictitious or HO scale train but I could be totally wrong.

thanks so much again!!!!

Looking at his bio on the web site, he states that the rr is actually a highly detailed diorama, so much so that photos of it have been thought by some to be documentary evidence of a full-scale Bicci & Onri RR (although it never existed beyond the diorama). As for making cups or other items with company names or logos, there are a number of specialty firms that will make such items for a price.
    Ed Schopperth

nice tongue in cheek touch