Thread: I'm new and am looking for information

1. Default I'm new and am looking for information

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am looking for information on some railroad items. My father passed in 2000 and mom in 2004 and my brothers and i are finally starting to go through things. Mom and dad collected everything and i'm not sure they ever threw anything out. Anyway, we have a pair of adlake non sweating signal lamps that are in perfect condition, i think one has never been lit, the other i think dad lit long enough to see it lit. They take kerosene and are #1264. They are completely intact and in really beautful shape, no dents, paint scratches etc. I would like to know the age of these, dad worked at the bunker hill company in kellogg idaho and retired after 46 years, he got these there, that was about 30 years ago. I have pictures i can email if someone would like to help me. We also have a bell, I dont know much about it, inside it says the e.w. vanduzen co. I think it says cincinatti also but its printed under where the clapper is attached and i'm guessing reading the last few letters. There is writing on the side, TIA(not positive of those letters) followed by 83-8 13-20. This came off one of the locomotives at bunker hill. It weighs about 30 pounds. I would sure love any information on these things. If you would like to email me please do so, i have pictures. Thanks, Kayona oskismom@hotmail.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lamp all e.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	66822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lamp inside e.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	66823   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lamp top e.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	66824  

Don't know much about the equipment but what you are showing looks very nice.

Bunker Hill closed in 1981. One of my brothers was working in the smelter at the time is how I remember.

btw welcome to the forum.
    Keith Owen
    Photo critiques are always welcome.

See my Flickr stream here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/97996499@N00/

3. Default

Post your question and picture on this website. It is made up of people that deal in this kind of stuff.

http://www.railroadiana.org/
    Mark St. Aubin
    My railroad photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47162644@N07/

Welcome to the forum.
    As for the switch lamp heads,
    they were in use in the 60's when I worked for the C&NW.
    Mostly in yard service.
    Don't know when they started using them or when they dis-continued them though.
    I'm sure there are a lot of collectors out there that would pay good money for them.............
    Check Out My:
    Photo Gallery
    My PhotoBucket Photozo

I Simply Take Photo's, I'm Not a Photographer

Welcome to the Forum!

Nice Lamps, but I don't know anything about them sorry.
    Christian Vazzaz - Two-Tone Green Video Productions
    Resident BCR Photographer/Videographer
    My Pictures
    My Videos

6. Default for Youngwarrior

Quote Originally Posted by Youngwarrior View Post
    Don't know much about the equipment but what you are showing looks very nice.

Bunker Hill closed in 1981. One of my brothers was working in the smelter at the time is how I remember.

btw welcome to the forum.
    So do you live in the silver valley? Who is your brother if you think its ok to say. you said he worked in the smelter, Dad ran the smelter. His name was Lawrits Larsen, they called him Blondie, not sure why, he didnt have much hair at the end, lol. Kayona

Quote Originally Posted by kayona View Post
    So do you live in the silver valley? Who is your brother if you think its ok to say. you said he worked in the smelter, Dad ran the smelter. His name was Lawrits Larsen, they called him Blondie, not sure why, he didnt have much hair at the end, lol. Kayona
    No, I live in Salem, OR. At that time I lived in Pendleton. My brother's name is Kerry (Keryl) Owen and he now lives in Seattle.
    Keith Owen
    Photo critiques are always welcome.

See my Flickr stream here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/97996499@N00/

8. Default youngwarrior

Name isnt familiar, thought maybe i would know who he was. People have moved on since Bunker closed. Small world though.........Kayona