Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 LastLast

Thread: Seattle - Everett Sounder Construction Update

1. Default

Richmond Beach residents will get the same bang bang bang...houses on both sides of the tracks, there.

Quote Originally Posted by markgillings View Post
    The West Bound Controlled Signal of the control point will be the "Bracket's Landing Signal". The intermediate to the north roughly corresponds to the "Water Street Signal". I don't know what "Driftwood Lane Signal" would be, if anything. All of the cantilever locations have been built and that's not one of them.

I don't think these PDFs are accurate for the Edmonds control point.....Dennis?

I think Everett Jct will be eliminated, is that correct? Technically, M1/M2 ends at Everett Jct., while operationally, it already ends at Howarth Park. WB trains off the highline have to run Main 2 until Howarth Park. They used to be able to switch over at Everett Jct, but a derailment took out that particular crossover.
    I don't have any info on the Driftwood Lane. I agree that it is out of date. On the Everett Jct. crossover, the Boeing high wides still use the dock at the Jct occasionally and the Set Out track is too close to Main 1 for a movement of the 24 foot wide cars. A roadmaster told me if they moved the Set Out track 3 feet closer to the water then they could remove the Everett Jct crossover. I believe they don't want to eliminate that option for the 24 foot wide cars nor put out the expense of moving the Set Out track.

Quote Originally Posted by markgillings View Post
    It goes back to GN. Though I don't know why. Does anybody know the family name of the old ship salvage operation there?
    My boss thought that the name was Mosher for the family owned business of the salvage company.

4. Default

I was looking at the Sound Transit website and it says Phase II of the Mukilteo station will begin in Spring 2013.

http://projects.soundtransit.org/Pro...n-Phase-II.xml

-KristopherJ

Any updates on the double tracking at Edmonds and MP 27?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bentz View Post
    Any updates on the double tracking at Edmonds and MP 27?
    Still waiting for traffic levels to reach the record 2006 levels and with a whole bunch of Oil Trains thrown in there perhaps next year they will think about the double tracking. The new crossovers would have to be built first at Mosher and Richmond Beach, though. That's based on that they double tracked MPs 7-8 after Blue Ridge crossovers were cut in.

Default GooglErath link?

Quote Originally Posted by BNSFEng View Post
    I don't have any info on the Driftwood Lane. I agree that it is out of date. On the Everett Jct. crossover, the Boeing high wides still use the dock at the Jct occasionally and the Set Out track is too close to Main 1 for a movement of the 24 foot wide cars. A roadmaster told me if they moved the Set Out track 3 feet closer to the water then they could remove the Everett Jct crossover. I believe they don't want to eliminate that option for the 24 foot wide cars nor put out the expense of moving the Set Out track.
    Can you please post a GooglEarth link to show what you are talking about?
    What are 24-foot-wide cars?
    Thank you.
    Ostentatiously humble.
    My patients' arrhythmias straighten themselves out!!
    Innocent by reason of sanity.

8. Default 24 Foot Wide Cars.....

are 24 foot wide containers that are placed on flatcars at Mukilteo and hauled to Boeing Everett.

Rich

9. Default

The only thing more impressive than the 24 foot containers is the >very< uphill haul to Boeing. Someone know what the grade is? I'm sure it's a minimum of 3% over a considerable portion, possibly 5% in places.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gift View Post
    Can you please post a GooglEarth link to show what you are talking about?
    What are 24-foot-wide cars?
    Thank you.
    I'm sorry I'm not very Google Earthy. This is in Everett, Wa at the foot of the hill at Everett Jct. where the crossover is. The Setout track is alongside the Sound all the way to the Howarth Park crossover. Yes, they use 24 foot wide containers on cars for Boeing for certain components. The normal freight cars are around 10 ft, 8 in width and with track centers around 15 feet you can't have a 24 foot car meet anything on an ajoining track unless the centers are wider like 18 to 19 foot centers.

Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 LastLast