RailroadData.com Railroad Links Directory and Search Engine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fostoria, Ohio

Default Status of greatlakeslive.com

Doe anyone have any information on the status of the Fostoria scanner site http://www.greatlakeslive.com ?

The site has not been maintained for some time...and the three scanner channels on that site are down and apparently no one has been maintaining the site.

Appreciate any information on if this site is to be continued, or if someone else is going to provide on-line scnanning from Fostoria.

Regards...
    Last edited by Texas.Pacifico; 06-05-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Default Fostoria

I went from the PNW to Ohio for my brother's 50th birthday, some 13 years ago, and spent a week before scouting out places like Marion, Lima, and Fostoria. Forsotia was a great time, wonderful intersection of lines, and at that time, no security problems. I enjoyed it tremendously!

Talking

I will be heading back through there for some railfanning next Friday before I have to head home from my work trip to Dayton.
    Visit, Jeff's Train Site, your one-stop shop for locomotive and rolling stock pictures, railfan information, links, and more.

[QUOTE=howeld;112329
    Main problem with train watching is there is no way to see all trains that pass through. [/QUOTE]

Set yourself up with ATCS Monitor.

I tend to prefer the CSX/NS diamond a block north of the tower (the old Hocking Valley and Nickel Plate). I like the photo views there better than near the depot and you can see the old B&O main though at a distance.

Talking

I usually sit at the B&O/NS diamond cross from the old Amtrak Station. If a train is coming on the Columbus line or heading to it, I break few speeding laws and have a good route to get over to the site of the future railfan park that I perfected the last time I was in town. This time, I made a list of all the normal trains that usually turn at the wye and either head east or north there that you wouldn't see from the other diamond.

I railfanned Marion today. It was slow: 11 NS, 6 CSX + CSX MOW and a switcher out of the yard - all in 8 hours.
    Visit, Jeff's Train Site, your one-stop shop for locomotive and rolling stock pictures, railfan information, links, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas.Pacifico View Post
    Doe anyone have any information on the status of the Fostoria scanner site http://www.greatlakeslive.com ?

The site has not been maintained for some time...and the three scanner channels on that site are down and apparently no one has been maintaining the site.

Appreciate any information on if this site is to be continued, or if someone else is going to provide on-line scanning from Fostoria.

Regards...
    Does anyone out there have an update on the status of http://www.greatlakeslive.com?

It appears to be dormant, and the three scanners on the site (one is Fostoria) are no longer going.

Is there another on line site that does carry the Fostoria scanner activity?

Appreciate any enlightenment.

7. Default

Here is a live video web cam, that has audio and scanner looped in with the video. The audio must not be working today, only hear the scanner.

http://www.livestream.com/greatlakeslive

I'll agree with you guys that 160 is a slight exaggeration, but it's certainly busy and still a wonderful railfan hotspot.
    UltraJoosh / Josh's Train Videos of YouTube

Fostoria is a railfan's paradise for sure. Made it there in 2011 for a day and currently watch almost everyday through the 2 Fostoria webcams of Railstream. Hopefully like Berea they make the upgrade to hd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12