Thread: Railroad tycoon 3

Default Railroad tycoon 3

Just bought Railroad Tycoon 3 and it is a pretty cool sim. It is user friendly and has several pretty neat scenarios. It was $10.00 and pretty well worth it. Give it a try!!
    DIESEL MECHANICS KEEP THINGS ROLLING!!

I have it, but never could get into it that much...its fun every once in a while though...and usually when i play it it is addicting for about a week and then i revert back to MSTS lol. Nice game over all though.
    -Jeffrey Weeks

3. Post

I bought it about three weeks ago as it can be had for only $9.99 now, but I admit that I still haven't found the time to load it up and play it.
    Visit, Jeff's Train Site, for pictures of freight cars, museums, excursions, 6980 different numbered locomotives and more.

I didn't bother buying. I figured it can't be much better then RT2 and if I want 3D, I could always turn on MSTS!
    - Roman
    See my photos in the Gallery.
    Read Canadian Rail News in the CRO

Considered MSTS, but I wasnt sure if it was gonna be any good. is there a demo I could try before I buy?
    DIESEL MECHANICS KEEP THINGS ROLLING!!

Nope. no demo. The default stuff sucks anyways. All the good stuff is mostly payware. Check out streamlines.ca and www.mapleleaftracks.com as well as www.3dtrains.com just to name a few...thats the good stuff...alos poke around the train-sim.com file library at 4am (thats the onyl time you might get in) and see what you can find.
    -Jeffrey Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by mechman45
    Considered MSTS, but I wasnt sure if it was gonna be any good. is there a demo I could try before I buy?
    There's no demo version, but if you want to see some screenshots go to www.3dtrains.com/forums and go to the screenshot forum, ther's a lot of MSTS screenshots on there.
    Some good places to buy stuff for MSTS are www.3dtrains.com www.3dtrainstuff.com www.streamlines.com www.dieselswest.com www.mapleleaftracks.com www.trainartisan.com www.huntingtontracks.com.
    Also you could check out my website at www.geocities.com/trainsim1 and my forum at s7.invisionfree.com/trainsim1_MSTS_forum I'm working on a very detailed route of the WSOR from Milton to Waukesha, Wisconsin. If you ever buy MSTS and yo uwant an activity, you can e-mail me because I am taking requests for activities. Some freeware from www.train-sim.com in the f/l. s14.invisinofree.com/Microsoft_TrainSim will be making activities also. I can post some screenshots of some of the routes if you want too.
    Trainsim1, route builder and owner, Wisconsin Locomotive Works
    Visit Wisconsin Locomotive Works or my Forum.

Current projects: WSOR
    Waukesha Subdivision. EST: Middle to late 2006.
    ??? EST: February 7, 2006 Also Madison Sub. EST: ??.
    Various high quality freight car repaints, check my website for details

***FIRST WLW PRODUCT RELEASED*** - VISIT http://www.geocities.com/trainsim1/W...icSub_7EB.html

Quote Originally Posted by Russian
    I didn't bother buying. I figured it can't be much better then RT2 and if I want 3D, I could always turn on MSTS!
    It's a lot different from RT2, some of it is still the same but there is a lot different and it's much more detailed, I think there were some posted once at www.3dtrains.com/forums under the screenshots forum, try looking up railroad tycoon.
    Trainsim1, route builder and owner, Wisconsin Locomotive Works
    Visit Wisconsin Locomotive Works or my Forum.

Current projects: WSOR
    Waukesha Subdivision. EST: Middle to late 2006.
    ??? EST: February 7, 2006 Also Madison Sub. EST: ??.
    Various high quality freight car repaints, check my website for details

***FIRST WLW PRODUCT RELEASED*** - VISIT http://www.geocities.com/trainsim1/W...icSub_7EB.html