Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to MSTS!

1. Default New to MSTS!

Well I don't know what shell I've been hiding in but I finally got MSTS for Xmas!

To say the least I need more than the basics offer me. So today I downloaded the MSTS Route--Rio Grande Southern Route version 3.

So I installed it as it said too. Now when I open up MSTS it's not listed in the routes. Ok, I figure I need to open Editors and Tools and do something with it there. But I get an error "failed to load SMS track-type file".

Can someone help me???
    Dave
    www.SoCalRailFan.com
    "Exploring Southern California Railroads"

See more of my train photos at:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/firehouse16

2. Default

Ya open the Routes Folder then look for the Rio Grande Southern Route.Then look for a file called Installme.Batthis will then copy Fiels from the otehr MSTS Routes.Then youu see a little black box the will load aithe lots of word.after the box is gone load MSTS again and run teh DRGW Route good Luck.Let me know.

3. Default

Many of the routes and add-ons have very clear instructions, that just need the patience to read them. If you take a look at any of the read-me files that are accompanied with the downloaded files, you should be alright.

Also be aware that some files require you to download other things for them to work, like NewRoads, XTracks or other "rolling stock" and equipment.

Hope you enjoy the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Seoul_Style
    Hope you enjoy the game!
    That is one game that cannot be non-enjoyed!
    - Roman
    See my photos in the Gallery.
    Read Canadian Rail News in the CRO

You got that right!
    Even if you don't get that route working, I know I haven't got that many going, just 3,(Kicking Horse Pass, Mear Mountain Pass and a version of John Allen's Timesaver) you absolutely HAVE to get train-sim.com's MRL F45s. When they revv up, I get thrills all over!

MSTS is amazing for being so old. www.train-sim.com is the place to be, their file library is the best.

I see you are into Colorado narrow gauge, me too. Make sure you get the K-36 in the file library, they are awsome. There is also the Silverton branch route which is excellent and the Cumbres Pass route which is equally good. They are also making the line from Chama to Durango but it is still a while in the making.

Also try, www.streamlines.ca for payware engine packs and route. These are the best of the best of quality and my personal favorites for modern day stuff.

Also good are: www.mapleleaftracks.com (pay) www.3dtrainstuff.com (pay) www.3dtrains.com (pay/demos) www.dieselswest.com (pay) www.eslw.net (pay) http://www.jaysmarine.com/KLW_Our_Addons.html (free)
    UP Wings
    -Brian-

I just run the Russian stuff. Check out trainsim.ru

Enough for me...
    - Roman
    See my photos in the Gallery.
    Read Canadian Rail News in the CRO

I don't have time to run ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH WAIT A MINUTE,,,,,,,,,
    FORGOT all about the job, I DO RUN TRAINS. 1 TO 1 scale that is.

Okay, I am having some problems of my own. While I have already put in 4 non default routes, some of the new ones still give the failed to load track error. I have run the batch files several times and done everything in the readme, what on earth should I do???

What does the error say exactly? And what routes have you installed? Some routes require an add on called X Tracks or NewRoads, both in train-sim.com's library.
    UP Wings
    -Brian-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast