Where is the Omaha Posse?

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

I'll post some old stuff just because it is so much fun to upload pictures with the new forum software. CTRL Click, CTRL Click, Open, and your done. I love it. Thanks Bob.

Love the old shots, keep 'em coming! As for the uploads, thank you, that's the idea. Make it as easy to possible. No hassles with re-sizing the images or having to do anything else before you upload. Just pick the photos, click go and done. The easier it is, the more likely that folks will do it. I'm trying hard to get this place active again, I feel it has a lot of potential.

Some from Today. Tried to get a pic of a train on the Sioux City Line from the golf course parking lot at Ashland. Chased out of Fremont. Got a pic on the Bridge over the Platte south of Fremont. Waited over 2 hours at Ashland but the train never came. Had to go to dinner. Got to get the scanner back in the car so I can keep better track. Anyway it could be a nice view. See Zoohoggers pic earlier in this post. The Geep is at the CO-OP in Mead Ne. And the 8169 is sitting at Waverly.

BNSF 7183_042718.JPG

BNSF 8169 Waverly_042718_2048.jpg

Frontier 471 Mead_042718_2048.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW... Bob I did have to resize these. I took em down to 2048 pixels wide. I'll play and see what the limit is.

It takes somewhere between 4.55 MB (no go) and 3.55MB.(go). I'll try and get a MB limit. but not right now it's 11:35pm and I am getting sleepy.

Attachments

• Frontier 471 Mead_042718_5000.jpg
    Frontier 471 Mead_042718_5000.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 268
The limit is 10 mb, suspect the 6000+ is what’s choking it. I’ll check settings in the morning.

3.5 mb seems to be the limit when using my computer. 5250 pixels wide. I am resizing with Arcsoft because it is quicker than the Nikon software. I probably should bite the bullet and get a non free photo program.

3.5 mb seems to be the limit when using my computer. 5250 pixels wide. I am resizing with Arcsoft because it is quicker than the Nikon software. I probably should bite the bullet and get a non free photo program.

Do you have Dropbox or someplace else you can put one of the original files? The forum is set to allow uploads of up to 10 MB. I would like to try the file you're trying to use and see if I can find out where the hold up is.

OK, I've verified the problem exists (which isn't always easy) as well as the cause. It's the pixel size, not file size.

Currently, we are apparently limited to pixel widths of 5484 or less. That may change based on image height, I'm not certain. But on this image, 5484 and 3 MB worked, 5485 and 700KB didn't work. So I've confirmed it's pixel size, not file size.

I'm in contact with tech support for Xenforo, working on a resolution to get a larger upload size.

Tried it again, the supposed fix simply is not working. I'm going to stop messing with it for now and see what they say.

Well, at the moment, the limit is 20,0000 pixels, length x width. I'm working on increasing it, but so far the fix isn't working. (But at least it's stopped breaking the entire forum for now.)

Don't work too hard at it. It really isn't any trouble resizing the image. As long as I know what size to adjust it. Sometimes it is interesting to find out why. Sometimes as long as we get the pics to the Forum is all that is important. Thanks for checking.

I should be able to get it working, there's a setting in there that you can up the size with. I've tried it but something is still missing at the moment. Pretty sure they'll figure it out though.

Down to Randy's Roundhouse in Lincoln for some model RR stuff. Herzog truck running along the track on the way to Lincoln. Window must have opened up as there were a bunch of trains on the way back. Then because they were all piled up at Ashland we went up to the Iron Horse clubhouse and saw a train coming from the north on the Sioux City sub. Just a great spring day.

Attachments

• BNSF 3884_1_050718_2048.jpg
    BNSF 3884_1_050718_2048.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 265
  • BNSF 3884_2_050718_2048.jpg
    BNSF 3884_2_050718_2048.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 300
  • BNSF 8169 Waverly_042718_2048.jpg
    BNSF 8169 Waverly_042718_2048.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 276
  • BNSF 8425_1_050718_2048.jpg
    BNSF 8425_1_050718_2048.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 272
  • BNSF 9179_1_050718_2048.jpg
    BNSF 9179_1_050718_2048.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 251

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back