Where is the Omaha Posse?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

papio

Oreapolis had a little action on a brisk Sunday afternoon. BNSF 5671 is doing its best Alco impersonation in the third shot. Not photographed were two nb manifests on UP's Falls City Sub which crosses at a diamond just to the rear (west) of the train in the first shot.

Attachments

Last edited:
Went out during the snow storm on Sunday. I heard on the scanner that "Air Force 1 was coming down the east lead". I assumed it was UP 4141 but too snowy to go driving around the UP yard. The 8838 is tying up the whole south end of Council Bluffs and doing a crew change. It is stopped at 16th St. on the old CB&Q.

Attachments

papio

Tom-someone was pulling a funny, 4141 has been stored at the North Little Rock shops and was activated from there for the trip direct to Spring TX.

papio

Tom-it just occurred to me that there is a truck mounted blower labeled Air Force One that I've seen in the past used to clear snow from turnouts. That would make sense given Sunday's snowfall.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com