Western Pacific San Jose branch

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Group-I have recently relocated to San Jose and am very interested in the WPs' San Jose branch. Since most of it is gone from Williams Street south and west, does anyone have information they would be willing to share that could help someone out? Thanks.

Group-I have recently relocated to San Jose and am very interested in the WPs' San Jose branch. Since most of it is gone from Williams Street south and west, does anyone have information they would be willing to share that could help someone out? Thanks.
Hopefully you've already found this:

http://wx4.org/to/foam/big_rr/wp/sanjose.html

I grew up in San Jose (born 1970, moved north in 1992), always lived within a mile of the SP/WP depots. Never saw much of anything move north/west of the SP mainline. But they did switch the canneries (they were open in my day!), must have been at night.

I worked for GI Trucking in 1988-89, their yard was right along the old WP at 7th Street. At that time UP had a pair of ex-WP GP35's working every night in the area.

Haven't been back to look around since 1992. Afraid to!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.