Up 844

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

papio

Being reported on the Yahoo Heritage Locomotives group:

"A friend of mine traced the 844. It's moving to Hearne, Texas so I
guess its been fixed.

Departed Taylor, TX 04/30/12 17:27
Estimated time of arrival at destination: Hearne, 20:59.

It's on the SKRHE-30

Ken Z"

Hopefully it's fact and not sandhouse rumor. Scheduled for Council Bluffs IA festivities next week.

Just last tuesday she had no wheels.... This was posted on the boards

"The driving wheels were trucked to Strausburg and Tennesse Valley for lathe work."

I went to the UP 844 track site and it did not have any updates on her GPS page...

papio

Just last tuesday she had no wheels.... This was posted on the boards

"The driving wheels were trucked to Strausburg and Tennesse Valley for lathe work."

I went to the UP 844 track site and it did not have any updates on her GPS page...
Took the drivers to two different shops, expedited the turn-around and from all accounts, she's back on the move! E-9s and the original consist behind 844 are also on their way to Hearne. Sounds like the folks at UP are about to put their UP150 celebration (sorry for the pun) "back on track"! I'd expect the UP Steam tracker to come back up once they've got everything squared away with the train.

From the looks of it guys it just arrived in Hearne.:D I am looking at the ATCS I could be wrong.
She's there. About 30 min ago I saw her sitting behind J&R's Wings, getting a dose of Alemite pumped into her veins...

Heads to Ft Worth Thursday, then to El Reno, OK for the Fried Onion Burger Festival on 5-5-12.

R Leo

I'd have loved to see them move 844 from the GRR shops out to Hearne. The UPPD officer I visited with said that they had to back her from Georgetown over to Round Rock and then all the way to Taylor where there was a wye to turn around on.

Just shy of 25mi of reverse running. You can bet that doesn't happen too often.

Does anyone have any information on what time 844 is going to leave El Reno? I was thinking about possibly driving up north of El Reno later today to catch it heading north, but I want to see if it's going to be worth my time and money first. If it's not leaving until after dark, then it's not worth the trip. The UP website does not give any info on when the train is leaving. Anybody know an estimated time of departure from El Reno?

Just got a Heads Up!

The entire 844 consist will be turned around on the Wimmer WYE (Omaha) tomorrow afternoon on its way to Council Bluffs!!! Scheduled to happen about 5pm!

This will be an awesome move! New Photo ops too!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com