UP 844 in Omaha, NE

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

brad_in_omaha

The UP 844 rolled in to Omaha yesterday afternoon, sporting a new black nose. For years its been silver. The red mars light was also removed during the rebuild.

Wish I would have had more time to get out and chase it across the plains.

1587690026556.png

20170612SC8A3743 by Brad Williams, on Flickr

1587690055925.png

20170612SC8A3730 by Brad Williams, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to finally see her without a diesel helper; is it because she has a short train?

For years I always heard the diesel was for the dynamic brakes, but I don't know that for a fact. But I remember seeing on the 844 rebuild videos that the brake system was overhauled when they rebuilt the 844. After the rebuild was the first time I saw them run with out the diesel.

Great shots Brad. I hope they bring it out west again soon. Last time it was here I was a complete noob with my 40D and didn't get any good shots.

Great shots Brad. I hope they bring it out west again soon. Last time it was here I was a complete noob with my 40D and didn't get any good shots.

At least you had a dSLR. I was just starting out with a point & shot when 844 and 4449 double-headed a passenger special to the Puget Sound region.

Thanks, I hear you there. I look back at some of the photos I took back when I started and think "I really wish I had a time machine".

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back