UP 844 in Omaha, NE

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Nice to finally see her without a diesel helper; is it because she has a short train?
For years I always heard the diesel was for the dynamic brakes, but I don't know that for a fact. But I remember seeing on the 844 rebuild videos that the brake system was overhauled when they rebuilt the 844. After the rebuild was the first time I saw them run with out the diesel.

Itsed65

Great shots Brad. I hope they bring it out west again soon. Last time it was here I was a complete noob with my 40D and didn't get any good shots.

Bill Anderson

Great shots Brad. I hope they bring it out west again soon. Last time it was here I was a complete noob with my 40D and didn't get any good shots.
At least you had a dSLR. I was just starting out with a point & shot when 844 and 4449 double-headed a passenger special to the Puget Sound region.

Thanks, I hear you there. I look back at some of the photos I took back when I started and think "I really wish I had a time machine".

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.