Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Bill Anderson

Continued from previous page.

A Canada bound coal train rolling past Sunset Ave.

06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

I took this photo using the camera's HDR feature. That is normally a no-no with a subject in motion, but I thought the "ghost" images would not be noticeable due to the lighting and all of the lookalike coal hoppers.

09.jpg

Back to regular setting.

10.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Regular viewers of this thread know that I am always on the lookout for interesting diesel numbers. Thursday afternoon (11-29-18) a northbound (tt/east) container freight passed the marsh with 9494 as the trailing unit of the head end trio.

IMG_0001.jpg

Rear DPUs of the same train. I am still searching for the my white whale, the elusive 9999.

IMG_0002.jpg

Bill Anderson

The sun is setting its earliest (4:16pm PST)and southernmost from now through the winter solstice on 12-21-18. Thursday (12-6-18) )my son Daren and I went down to Marina Beach Park to take sunset shots for the calendars I give every year as Christmas gifts to family and friends. While I was taking sunset shots, Daren took photos of the 4:30 Everett bound Sounder rounding Pt. Edwards and rolling past the off leash dog park.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Last edited:
Back tracking (pardon the pun) a bit, these shots of a northbound (tt/east) light power hop were taken Tuesday (12-4-18) with the 7DII + 500L telephoto + 2x III teleconverter. I was photographing wildlife at the fishing pier but could not pass up shots of older power.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Ww are in our seasonal Dark Ages where we can go weeks without seeing the sun. I went down to Sunset Ave. Tuesday afternoon (12-11-18) just to keep from going stir crazy. A Canada bound coal train passed by, which I photographed just for the Omaha Posse. It was much darker, gloomier, and doomier than these photos would lead you to believe.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com