Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Bill Anderson

The afternoon Chicago bound Empire Builder (Amtrak #8) was on time and back to its usual single unit. With daylight savings time ending this Sunday, the Puget Sound Region will soon be entering the Dark Ages and my days of photographing the afternoon passenger parade in the daylight are rapidly coming to an end for 2018.

09.jpg

10.jpg

Bill Anderson

An Everett bound Sounder taken Wednesday evening (10-31-18) by my son with the 1Dx + 100-400L II telephoto zoom. I think the photo has an autumn look about it. I am trying to teach him when to zoom in and when to back off. He is developmentally disabled and some things need lots of practice before he understands the concepts.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Bill Anderson

Saturday's (11-3-18) Chicago bound Empire Builder (Amtrak #8) was exceptionally short with only four Superliners and a baggage car.

IMG_0001.jpg

This will be the last "daylight" Builder of the year as we switch to standard time early tomorrow morning.

IMG_0002.jpg

I really like the first photo in #242. Having the boats up high and the train down low makes you wonder "why are the boats up there?"
Good job! Also the Sounder appears to be plowing through the bushes. Thank you, son of Bill.

Rick Zorko

Bill Anderson

Late Tuesday afternoon (11-6-18) two self-propelled buckets were scurrying to get into the Edmonds spur ahead of the afternoon passenger parade.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Grab shot of the 4:30pm Everett bound Sounder passing the marsh as sunset approaches.

03.jpg

Interesting power rolled through Edmonds on Veterans Day (Sunday, 11-12-18), but I was never in the right place for photos. I had just arrived at the marsh and was unloading my equipment when a northbound (tt/east) passed by, lead by an SD40-2 followed by more older power in the consist.

01.jpg

Trailing unit was FURX 5527. I have seen this diesel go through town before, also as a trailing unit.

02.jpg

I was out on the fishing pier when a northbound light power hop of 4-5 older diesels went through town. The ferry was docked, which kept me from even getting grab shots. After the ferry left, I got a shot of a leased unit on the rear DPU set of a southbound (tt/west).

03.jpg

My son did get a good shot from Brackett's Landing of a southbound with a KCS Southern Belle unit in the consist followed by two Boeing 737 fuselages. The train was waiting at MP 18 for a northbound.

04.jpg

On the tail of the fuselage train was another southbound headed by older power, one of which was still in Cascade green.

05.jpg

Last edited:
A northbound (tt/east) oil tanker passed by the marsh Tuesday afternoon (11-14-18). If it is in the right position, I like to include the Port of Edmonds sign on the boat mover in the storage lot across the tracks as a means of identifying the location.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Unlike Monday, I was in position Tuesday to get shots of a northbound light power hop.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Monday I ran into a railfan friend on Sunset Ave. who said BNSF is now running super trains over 10,000 ft. long. That is nearly two miles. o_O

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com