Three Great Trains Today!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Three Great Trains Today!

What a Great Day! Two Passenger Specials and a Heritage Unit!

1. First off, a quick coal load while I wait for the first Passenger Train of the Day.

Special #1 SCBKC-17 UP7454

2. Approaching Summit

UP1995 Heritage Unit - MPRNP With 8 Units on the Point

3. Crossing 84th Creek

4. Crossing the Papio Creek

Special #2 SCBGR-17 UP7370 & UP7367

5. Splitting the Signal

6. Downtown Omaha

7. Downtown Omaha

8. Look at that sky, I wish I did not have to go back to work...

Great photos Brad.
I had a BNSF special (geometry train) make my day today, though not as glamorous as yours.

U-SVLBNT5 17Z
BNSF 4391 (locomotive)
BNSF 783251 (boxcar)
BNSF 2 (Columbia River)

C

-chet

The inverse:

It was a gorgeous day. The sky was deep and blue, winds light, warm and everything green.

Nice ones! Loved how shiny the Gevos were on the passenger specials
Thanks, Its amazing how clean they can get them when they want them clean!

Great photos Brad.
I had a BNSF special (geometry train) make my day today, though not as glamorous as yours.
Thanks! I have seen two out of the norm trains before, but never three.

It was a gorgeous day. The sky was deep and blue, winds light, warm and everything green.
Finally after a cold damp spring! There were two other Railfans down at Amtrak, but neither of them got out of their cars.

Super shots Brad! Where were you when taking those Summit shots?
Thanks Ed! I was on the Vinton Street bridge. I park on the street to the west of the bridge, next to the salvage place. Someone has cut perfect lens sized holes in a lot of the fences in that area. There are probably 6 or so holes in the vinton street bridge alone.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.