The Big Year (Movie)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

SDJeff

Texas Railfan
We watched the movie "The Big Year" (2011) last weekend starring Jack Black, Steve Martin, and Owen Wilson. It was about bird watching and who could spot the most different species of birds. It is a good clean show.

It got me to thinking of the parallels of the theme of the movie to train watching. I could see some of the characters in the movie in some of the railfans that I met at the get togethers and how people outside the hobby see the hobby.

IF we had a "Big Year" I guess the equivalent would be who could spot the most unique locomotives from Jan 1 to Dec 31.

Anyone up for a challenge? haha

I watched that movie a couple of days ago (didn't go to the movies to be honest) and I really didn't like it. I expected so much out of it, but I guess the accent was on the cast not the story. It is boring and not really worth of watching it. Maybe it would be better if trains are in question instead of birds, who knows, maybe :)

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com