Tesoro, Anacortes WA unit oil trains

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Lotta new rail activity on what used to be called the Anny at March Point refinery.

Lots of brand new tanks cars and C-44's....

Looks like Tesoro has their own switcher too...

Hiya Martin...!

BTW....general observation for those who might want to photograph one of these trains....empties tend to go south in the AM...going through Mt. Vernon just ahead of or following the passenger trains often times.

I don't see the loads go out too often, although one went out last Saturday during daylight.

Martin Burwash

Train frequency seems to have stepped up in the last week, or so. 4 out the last 5 days, I have seen an empty oil train anywhere between Delta Yard and Skykomish. There is also a new train symbol which means the loads are coming from more than one originating terminal, now.

up gorge. empties via scenic, occasionally via stampede. basically the same deal as the coal to RBE, but it seems the coal empties are more likely, nowadays, to go via stampede than are the oil empties.

C

Capn Jack

The Swinomish Channel Swing Bridge

Being a boater, is there any way to find out the closures of Swinomish Channel Rail Bridge?

Thanks, Jack...:cool:

Call them on channel 13A VHF.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming this is bridge 7.6 on the Anacortes Industrial track and I would assume it to be manned only when a train is scheduled due to limited rail traffic.

C

Capn Jack

Thanks jkinzel,

I was hoping there might be a phone number I could call. It would be a waste of 2 hrs and
fuel if I had to turn around. There are minus morning tides the week I'm leaving and I've
squeezed under before on a low, but it's close enough to touch.

Thanks, Jack...:cool:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com