Stampede Pass Diary

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ES44AC

What is your malfunction?
John, there is a string of them older 48' spines towards the end of the Veazey spur, I think those might be the ones that used to be stored on the Ravensdale siding for a while but not 100% sure.

I noticed today that they've apparently finished the railway bridge structure on the new overpass in Yakima, have moved the main back into place, and removed the construction shoo-fly. Now, if the city can ever figure out what to do about a high water table and mainly river cobbles underneath... I suspect that someone screwed up here, as the sealing methods simply aren't -- pun intended -- holding water. And, no it wasn't the railroad. I just find it amazing that the city forgot about what lies beneath downtown Yakima, and very close to the surface! (Oh yeah, the nearby Walnut underpass requires constant pumping)

The tie gang on Friday the 17th showed work between MP 91 and 93 with 2112 ties on the Yakima Valley Sub. Around two weeks from now, they expect to be finished with the Yakima Valley Sub and then jump to Lester.

The tie gang on Friday the 17th showed work between MP 91 and 93 with 2112 ties on the Yakima Valley Sub. Around two weeks from now, they expect to be finished with the Yakima Valley Sub and then jump to Lester.
Am I correct in assuming they'll finish with the ties they've set out between E'burg and somewhere near Thorp on the Stampede sub before they hop over the hill?

Now for the steel gangs.

An officers' special east through Yakima, Yakima Avenue, at 3:35. Usual consist of a a single locomotive, a three or four passenger cars, and a "theatre" car bringing up the rear. I was some distance away, so I couldn't get engine numbers, etc. Rather a surprise with the tie gangs working the Yakima and Stampede Subs.

Officers Special Over Stampede

An officers' special east through Yakima, Yakima Avenue, at 3:35. Usual consist of a a single locomotive, a three or four passenger cars, and a "theatre" car bringing up the rear. I was some distance away, so I couldn't get engine numbers, etc. Rather a surprise with the tie gangs working the Yakima and Stampede Subs.
Well, you know those management types. Just checking to make sure those union crews are really working :eek:

p51

Marty, it runs on steam!
I saw that going through Nisqually last night...

Thanks,It was mentioned in this thread it had 3or4 cars,and i was puzzled by that,unless the Geo Train ,has gained some, more than it's usual 2 cars.

ES44AC

What is your malfunction?
According to the crystal ball, it looks like there is an E NWESCM0 13C scheduled to roll onto the Stampede and Yakima Valley subs Sunday night 6/26, ETA for Ellensburg is 22:15, not sure if it will stay on or be taken off and routed over Scenic.

Potential Stampede Traffic

According to the crystal ball, it looks like there is an E NWESCM0 13C scheduled to roll onto the Stampede and Yakima Valley subs Sunday night 6/26, ETA for Ellensburg is 22:15, not sure if it will stay on or be taken off and routed over Scenic.
Well that will be like a light summer rain on the parched landscape! We'll take anything we can get!

Today, the tie gang is working between Thrall siding and Ellensburg, rr east of oversize detector. Must be ice to work with an absolute window, virtually unlimited and on a main to boot.

railsnw

Railroad Historian
Trackwork

Went to Yakima yesterday and there are large piles of changed out ties from Ellensburg to Toppenish. Only action was a ballast regulator heading North in the Canyon around 2:30.

Richard

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.