Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2018

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

It looks like the "Bloody Nose" era will soon come to an end. I was surprised to find a GP7/9 still in Black Widow when I moved to Sacramento in October of 1973.

The Charger with the spoiler looks funny with the low level set.

Yeah, it sure does. Now it looks like we may end up with brand new single level cars, even though the locomotives were ordered with bilevels in mind.

Another nice set of photos. What type of signals are those next to UP2674?

Thanks Brad. I'm no expert on signals, so I don't know if these are leftover from the SP Cal-P line days or if they are UP originals. There have not been the SP searchlights around here for a long time, but these 3 light type are present up and down the UP line. Over on the BNSF, they have mostly gone to the newer PTC type signals.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back