Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

No wildfires at your usual spots?
Not in the Bay Area, but the smoke here is so bad you can hardly see more than a half mile. The nearest fire to here is in Mendocino/Lake counties about 80 miles to the north. There have been a few grass fires nearby that have been quickly dealt with luckily. Here is a shot from right by the UP tracks in Hercules showing the smoke (last week, about 70 miles to the north).

Smoke on the Water
by lennycarl08, on Flickr

It's a digital sign, just like at the front of a bus. It usually has the destination or train number scrolling on it. It doesn't photograph well due to high shutter speeds and refresh rate of the LED's (and I think you mean Charger. Even at 375 horses, a Dodge would have a hell of a time trying to pull a train :p).

It's a digital sign, just like at the front of a bus. It usually has the destination or train number scrolling on it. It doesn't photograph well due to high shutter speeds and refresh rate of the LED's (and I think you mean Charger. Even at 375 horses, a Dodge would have a hell of a time trying to pull a train :p).
Thanks. I keep mixing up those Dodge muscle car names as applied to these locos. I wish Siemens had used something more original.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com