Some classic EMD

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ericgust

DMIR Maroon and Gold
2/23/10 Milwaukee, WI
Headed down to Milwaukee again after work today. And who should I see again today down at the port is the UP's marsh job. However, today the units have changed sides.

The a little dash over to the CP to catch train #290 leaving the yard on "wash 4" heading South, railroad East.

Then driving by the East end of the depot showed a lunar signal on main 1. Then a drive over to the West end showed a green signal meaning I had a freight running through the depot. So I waited a little bit and #291 rolls through the depot.

yes rock 4329 the marsh job comes out of butler yard and returns in the late afternoon early evening hours. engines are kept at the year as well think by the engine house that is there

kevin

ericgust

DMIR Maroon and Gold
Great set of shots man.:D BTW, what are those huge covered mountains in the first shot?
Yeah, those are salt piles that is brought in by boat. The salt is owned by area municipalities for their road salt. Kinder Morgan takes care of the salt piles.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.