Snowy Central Texas

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

ssw

CenTex area railfan
3+ inches of this strange looking white frozen stuff on the ground. Decided to go do some railfanning after work. BNSF was kind enough to send me two Northbounds.

1-BNSF 5376 North, just north of S. Manhattan
2-ditto
3-ditto
4-Third time I've tried to catch a train here with snow, this is Blue Cut just north of Moody, BNSF 5490 North

kenw

5th Generation Texian
Blue Cut is a super spot, I once waited over an hour and all i got was late. That was a major factor in my 10 hour drive to Abilene that day....

Just flurries down in Houston, enjoy it while it lasts, Bradley.

Good photos Bradley. I almost forgot about Blue Cut Rd. It's been a while since you posted one from there.
We got a little snow here after 9PM last night. Not enough to do anything though.

UP Wings

It's All About the Wings
Great shots Bradley, it snowed real hard (real big flakes) here in College Station that covered everything nicely. Took the camera out to Bonfire Memorial (tribute to the 1999 Bonfire site that collapsed) and got some picture of it in the snow but didn't have enough light to hit the tracks. I like your fourth pic alot.

It is funny, had shorts on Sunday with a high of 77 then had a feels like temperature of 23 yesterday and a few inches of snow. :)

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com