SD75i's on Z Train

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to RailroadForums.com, your home for trains on the web!

Jon Bentz

After a number of less than glamorous assignments on garbage trains between Everett and Roosevelt Washington, these SD75i's have returned to top priority train service on the northern corridor - at least for a while. While on a 'quickie' trip out to Wenatchee I caught these two Warbonnets on a westbound Z at Wenatchee and Cashmere Washington. Nice to have some variety for a change. Traffic on Stevens was slowed during the day by a major tie replacement project on the east side. I didn't have a chance to talk to any employees about how long this will be going on. Maybe Jason or Mark could chime in. Trains were plugged between 09:00 and 15:30. On the way back the flood gates were opened with 6 eastbounds between Merritt and Monroe. Too dark for photos.

ES44AC

What is your malfunction?
I been seeing a few on the Z's going by us as were working between Berne and Winton, I even saw a CSX AC6000CW yesterday on a westbound Z.

auburnrails

There were two (I believe) NB stacks parked in Auburn today, and at least one, along with the mixed freight parked next to it, had a warbonnet SD75I in the consist. They are some of my favorite Santa Fe power, and look great when in good shape.

-Dave

markgillings

BNSF Gandy
I didn't have a chance to talk to any employees about how long this will be going on. Maybe Jason or Mark could chime in.
Tie gang TP04 left Auburn a few days ago and is now working between Wenatchee and Berne from 8/4 to 8/23. There are supposed to be 14,777 mainline crossties and also siding ties at Cashmere, Leavenworth, Winton, Merritt and Berne.

After that, they load up and make the big move to Jamestown, ND.

mrmoose

There were two (I believe) NB stacks parked in Auburn today, and at least one, along with the mixed freight parked next to it, had a warbonnet SD75I in the consist. They are some of my favorite Santa Fe power, and look great when in good shape.

-Dave
(1)This one?:D
(2)In this consist? Woot! :eek:

grainman

Tie gang TP04 left Auburn a few days ago and is now working between Wenatchee and Berne from 8/4 to 8/23. There are supposed to be 14,777 mainline crossties and also siding ties at Cashmere, Leavenworth, Winton, Merritt and Berne.

After that, they load up and make the big move to Jamestown, ND.
There is some serious amounts of water in the area especially in the Sanborn and Sharon Springs area. I wonder if they will raise the track in those areas.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.