RJCC VIPs

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to RailroadForums.com, your home for trains on the web!

bogray

Kentucky Colonel
RJ Corman's former L&N "Old Road" was busy at the end of January 2012 with VIP excursions involving the Corman "Old Kentucky Dinner Train" trainset, Paducah & Louisville's office car "Bluegrass State I" and Mr. Corman's private car. Unfortunately, the dinner train's ex-Southern F-units are in Lexington for a rebuild so the excursion trains were powered with standard Corman GP-38's.

Still, the unusual passenger consists tempted photographers out some in less-than-perfect weather...here is what I found:

1) On Tuesday January 24, Mr. Corman's private car (RJCC #02) and two locomotives went out for a lunchtime jaunt from Lexington to Frankfort, KY and return. Here the short train is rolling through Midway, KY on the return trip.

2) A wide-angle look at RJCC #02 as the train approaches Lexington's Rupp Yard.

bogray

Kentucky Colonel
On Wednesday 1/25, a combined train left Lexington with two Dinner Train cars, the PAL car and RJCC #02. The train was spotted in historic downtown Frankfort, KY in front of the old L&N depot and hosted visits with state legislators who were in session during the month.

1) The VIP train heads west (railroad north) through Midway, KY on a gloomy January day.
2) The rain starts to fall as the train is spotted in Frankfort, KY.
3) Across the street from the old depot is the Clark Center for Kentucky History, framed with the vestibule of PAL "Bluegrass State I".
4) PAL "Bluegrass State I"

bogray

Kentucky Colonel
Thursday January 26, 2012

Frankfort, KY

With rain falling steadily, RJ Corman's VIP excursion train departed Lexington's Rupp Yard promptly at 1700. The train consisted of Corman's "Old Kentucky Dinner Train" cars and Mr. Corman's private coach "RJCC #02". After a leisurely trip to the state capital of Frankfort, the train returned to Lexington well after dark on Thursday evening.

1) The train passes the old depot at Duckers, KY in the twilight gloaming.
2) Rain was coming down fairly steadily, as seen in the headlights of the lead unit for the return trip.
3) A soggy evening departure from Frankfort, KY.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.